Schizophrenia.com

Clothing Problems- Can't Dress Properly

A stranger approached me making comments about my shirt.

Old Lady - “That color has been outdated for many years dear. Just thought I would tell you that”

:persevere:

How rude! Sorry you had to go through that.

1 Like

That is rude! What color was it if I may ask? I don’t know of any outdated colors.
“Busybodies in other peoples matters…” yuck.

2 Likes

It was mint. :blush:

2 Likes

@CarolineC I’m not to far from Birmingham either. :wink:

What? And it’s spring…she needs to visit this website…it’s only 'outdated" by 2 years, LOL

http://www.theclosetclause.com/2012/02/color-crush-min-green.html

This ones outdated by 1 year

http://fashion4lessisbest.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-color-of-spring-2013-mint-green.html

Birmingham, MI? That was a sucky place to live. The kids constantly bullied me about my clothes, among other things. I’m not surprised that you would get a comment like that in a place like that.

1 Like

That lady is clearly not fashionable. Mint is a hot color this year. I wore a mint shirt today too :slight_smile:

Coral is also in season and I’m loving it!

2 Likes

don’t worry about people like that, if we all wore the same coloured clothes it would be pretty boring.
my favorite people are hippies , i love the colour in their clothes,they are walking rainbows…
" peace out everybody…!?! "
take care

3 Likes

So get a shirt that has more modern colors. That lady was rude and intrusive but does she have a point? It would better FOR YOU to have appropriate clothing unless you are are ‘free spirit’ or whatever and you don’t care what people think. But I don’t know much about fashion. Jeans and t-shirts for me. That lady was out of line but maybe she has a point and you can buy a shirt with a better color. Problem solved.

1 Like

Ummm hello lady? It’s called vintage!

4 Likes

what she did was awful…no excuses for her…i hope she has a crappy week !!!

Some people are very rude. My daughter wears the clothes that I grew up in. Everything comes back into fashion. It’s weird to see my bell bottoms and peace t-shirts on my baby’s body. Tell the woman to go fly off. The color is fine.

1 Like

Since when has ‘appropriate’ clothing meant fashionable clothing ? Who defines ‘appropriate’ clothing anyway? The old lady was out of order.

3 Likes

I got singled out at a seminar years ago…the guy speaking wanted to set an example and said “Say i don’t like people with…purple shirts” and pointed at me as I was the only one in the audience with a purple T shirt on…
He was just joking and the seminar was actually about not judging people and how to properly get along in society, but he used me as an example of what not to do. And he even asked me how i would feel if judged like that and I answered something like “I wouldn’t care much, it’s their problem not mine…I’ll wear what i like to wear.”

@BakedBeans I would not pay attention to what was said, ignorance can be found everywhere. I do not care what other people think about my clothing choices. I wear different pairs of blue jeans everyday, I like earthy and black plain t shirts- even in the winter. I wear clothing to please myself, ■■■■ everyone else. I also love caps and hats

2 Likes

Thrift stores are known for outdated clothing. Better off checking out clearance racks at normal stores. :tshirt:

My sis and I are dedicated thrift store shoppers. My sis is into retro and vintage. So if someone ever gets at you for out dated clothing… Do what my sis does…

Roll your eyes and say… “It’s RETRO! Duh!”

4 Likes

It does not matter if your clothes are old. I am wearing today a T-shirt I got on my Bahamas cruise in April 1991. It says ’ I am in SHIPSHAPE’ and quite frankly I try to lose some weight to fit in some old suits I got in 1990 in America. Why to buy new clothes if old clothes fit you well.?

3 Likes

Cool! haha…

I wore a T shirt this color one time, in the middle of redneck Bible belt country. One girl made a comment and said it looked good. No one else commented but I did get some stares…

3 Likes