Citalopram

My psychiatrist lowered my dose of citalopram in in August. I was taking 20 mg and he told me to take 10 mg. (I don’t know if you remember). I don’t know if this change is being good for me. This week I have started to have suicide toughts. I think about suicide more than I should. I want to call my psychiatrist tomorrow, but I think he is on holiday. But I will call and if he’s not there I will talk with my nurse. Maybe she can do something.

1 Like

I had suicidal ideation when I tried a dose lower than 10mg of abilify. It went away when I went back up on 10mg. I’m on 15mg now.

I was ok with 20 mg, but my psychiatrist told me to try with 10. I don’t know why, but that’s not good for me.

1 Like

It’s all trial and error.

1 Like

Can you go to other psychiatrist?

It’s not necesary. He is a good psychiatrist, but I visit him since december. So he don’t know me so much. The other psychiatrist I had is retired.

Can you continue with 20.I mean do you have meds until then.Don’t get worse.

Yes, I have. But I’d like to talk to him or my nurse at least.

What is health system in Spain?Who directs you to psychiatrist?

Health system in Spain is called Seguridad Social and is public. We don’ t have to pay when we go to the doctor, because we pay a little amount of money every month. It’ s called cotizar. The doctor of general medicine send people to psychiatrist when they need it.

Same here,I,m in Serbia.I don’t pay,because I have disability.

I have disability too. 65%

Most of meds I take I pay only participation.Do you take antipsyhotics?

Would you like to talk via private messages?

I prefer to talk here. And yes, I take antipsychotics. I’m on Abilify.

It’s because people get tired of seen our conversation first on list most of time.