Chronic sz

If you suffer with chronic sz or sza
Are you getting worse / same / better every year

I have agoraphobia that has got worse
Sz thoughts struggle bad, feels worse than ever

1 Like

I’m mostly staying the same. I have bad days and bad patches though. But it’s always been that way.

4 Likes

I got better for a number of years, and now its getting worse again. We’re changing some meds around to see if it helps

1 Like

More or less the same for four years. Two years before that were really bad though.

1 Like

I’m finally on the right med cocktail so I’m not experiencing mood symptoms like mania or depression.
I’m also not experiencing psychosis

Once in a while I’ll get anxious and a bit paranoid but it has not been severe lately.

What sticks out the most are my OCD symptoms

1 Like

I was agoraphobic and had a panic disorder…I beat it with therapy…what they taught me was you have to “unplug the fear” by fighting the anxiety by ignoring it and diverting your mind to your “happy place” like a good memory or focusing on a crystal or polished stone in your pocket with your hand…practice slow breathing too…in and out.

1 Like

I was once on this site and someone told me it was only going to get worse and worse with time. He was wrong.

1 Like

When I first started on meds I got better over three years. After a few more years I had to change meds unfortunately, and I was in the poo for a long time trying different medication. Late last year I found a med combination that worked and I’ve been stable since.

Still can’t work full time like I could on 10mg Olanzapine though.

1 Like

I feel these symptoms and with meds dont have to realise it as well its totally forgotten.

1 Like

goes up and down for me. But mostly the same with some bad days.

1 Like

I am getting better. Age and experience is helping.

1 Like