Schizophrenia.com

Chronic Stress Can Make You Feverish; Another Reason To Improve Mental Health Awareness

If you’ve ever experienced stress or anxiety, you’re likely familiar with the physical strain of mental illness: shortness of breath, fatigue, tight chest, nausea, and muscle pain, in addition to a myriad of other complications and symptoms. Over time, stress can even contribute to chronic diseases like obesity, diabetes, and heart disease — as well as a relatively unknown condition, psychogenic fever.

Psychogenic fever is triggered by emotional events or high levels of stress over time, and it consists of a high body temperature without an infection. Because psychogenic fever isn’t often discussed in medical literature — and very rarely diagnosed as a stress-related condition — Dr. Takakazu Oka of the Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences decided to complete the first epidemiological study on it, published in the journal Temperature.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/chronic-stress-can-make-you-feverish-another-reason-improve-mental-health-awareness-360870

I find the whole mental-physical interaction fascinating. For me it is acute stress that can cause me to feel feverish from 12-24 hours.
I wonder what mental-physical interactions others have.