Children are so beautiful when they’re babies

Maybe one day in the future @cbbrown.

1 Like

Your son is cute @Sarah , I bet he’s real handsome now.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I try to imagine what he looks like. I just hope he doesn’t have my hair lol.

1 Like

I’m so sorry that you’re not in touch. Very sad.

3 Likes

Thank you. I get great pleasure out of other people’s kids now. I love it when you guys mention your kids and what they get up to. I still think I am so lucky to have had those short years, imagine not having any years at all.

1 Like

I’m sure your kittens are equally pretty/handsome.

1 Like

Was this before or after the Fanta can and the knife chase?

1 Like

This was when we truly loved each other. She didn’t look like Marsha Brady then. :blush:

1 Like

@Mr.Dre

Not sure what I was getting at with humttens. I’m just playing with words so I combined humans and kittens.

:flushed:

3 Likes

My 9 year old son lives with his dad. He’s such a bright and kind kid. I would describe my daughter as very spunky and witty as a child. She gave me problems in her teen years. She was always such a stubborn kid.

2 Likes

I like them best from about 2 onwards. I’m not that much into babies in swaddling clothes, though I did like my niece when she was a baby. But they’re so delicate when they’re babies. It makes me scared to handle them.

1 Like

I adore little ones. They always make me smile. I sometimes give them a cheeky grin when i walk past a tot in a pram - and more often than not i get a smile back. lol.

I would absolutly love another baby, but practically its not possible - i can hardly look after myself some days.

2 Likes

Ugh. This is an ongoing thing in our home for the past two months. Mrs. Squirrel is having trouble with being an empty-nester so every morning I get bombarded with pics of different kids from adoption sites. “What do you think about these?” “I think you need to see a therapist.”

Yes, we could afford it and we could sort things to get a bigger place, but… She will only consider sibling pairs or larger (she’s set on having A Boy) and she’s even looking at babies. I turn 51 in two weeks and she’s nearly 50. I think we’re old enough now to take a pass. Young kids should have young parents who can be physically active with them. They don’t need older parents who are slowing down (me especially with my heart issues). At some point there will likely be a grandkid and I’m sure that will tire us out enough.

Just because you want something or can afford something doesn’t mean it’s a good or healthy idea, that’s for sure.

5 Likes

You just have the one daughter right?

That is correct. Don’t think I would have handled more well.

1 Like

I’ve battled depression all my adult life. My daughter was 13 when I got pregnant with my son. I was I think 34. I didn’t think my plumbing worked anymore so I didn’t think I could get pregnant but I did. So bc of the depression issue after my son was born I got my tubes tied. I just didn’t think it would be fair to bring a child into this world and not be able to care for it due to depression.

1 Like

Kids are the just the best. My son was always very kind and studious. Although, his last words to me were “go and sleep in the park with all the homeless people”. He had been living with his father for a year at that stage. His father is very influential - Zac would never have said something so mean in the past.

You must miss not having your son around. Do you see him often?

If a son says that to his own mother, then I dont want to single you out but you probably did something to hurt him. His father has nothing to do with this.

My mother is the same but I grew to love her even though she is very unwell. She is super manipulative and pins my father for anything and everything. My father is tough; yet, quiet, kind and a gentle man.

1 Like

Yes, I did do something very bad that hurt him severely. It was a suicide attempt. If I put myself in his shoes I would feel the same way. This is why I feel it is so important to educate kids in schools about mental health issues. I have never had the opportunity to sit down and explain my actions, nor the reasons behind my suicide attempt. I have never been able to apologise. If his father was any kind of a decent human being he would have allowed me that opportunity regardless of how we feel about each other.

3 Likes

It took Eminem and his mom, I think, about 20 years to work things out between them.

I hope you and your son reunite some day, despite all of these hardships both of you have went through.

2 Likes