Children are so beautiful when they’re babies

Then they turn into teenagers and you want to smack ‘em.

Then they turn into adults and act like you don’t exist.

3 Likes

Squirrelette was supposed to stay seven forever. I feel so betrayed.

:sob:

3 Likes

You don’t really appreciate how truly special every single day of their growing years are until they are gone from your life sadly.

2 Likes

Gone from my home, but not my bank account. Squirrelette is home this week from college. Here’s the tab so far:

• Winter tires $760
  • Winter clothing $255
  • Fuel $43
  • Groceries $138

You know what she bought me for X-mas? A bottle of English Leather aftershave. I guess I smell like a wallet? Meh.

7 Likes

On being discharged from hospital my ex would not allow me to return to the family home even though he was no longer living there. I had taken to hospital with me a small photo, my son’s baby teeth as I kept them in my purse, and was wearing the crucifix necklace my son gave me. These are the only items I have left to remind me of our sixteen years together -that and the memories in my head.

I know there are other parents on here that are hurting from having lost their kids through death or circumstances beyond their control. This is not a dig at you @Loke, I think you are great. You just reminded me how fortunate we are/were to have had them in our lives.
:blush:

1 Like

So true Squirrel. You made me laugh (again).

Not the changing the diaper part. I’ve changed two diapers in my entire life. Once on my older nephew and once on my younger nephew. They’re all grown up now and I figure they owe me.

3 Likes

Only two? Man, you missed out on the glow-in-the-dark-green-poop blowout diapers. Never figured out how something that small could shoot poop that far and with that much force. Like, 2/3 of the way up the wall. Really. They need to sell Kevlar Huggies.

3 Likes

Hell, two was “two too many.” Why don’t they invent kids who don’t poop?

3 Likes

I’ve loved my kids in all stages but the teenage years are truly amazing! I love conversing with them. They always have great stories to tell and they still love their momma. I feel so blessed. :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Hell, poo was poo poo many. Why don’t they invent kids who toop instead.

3 Likes

OK, I thought that was funny :rofl:Obviously not!

1 Like

Puppies are cute too. And kittens. One will always love you and the other is a touch and go. Humttens are cute too. They make sure to fully utilize your time.

Not an expert here. Just a Skunk.

3 Likes

What’s a toop?

What are humttens?

:no_mouth:

3 Likes

I’m not smart enough to answer that question sorry. :grinning:
I honestly don’t know what a toop is.

3 Likes

Man, I’d buy that for a dollar!

2 Likes

Oh I get it know;

Toop - like a ‘two poop’?

1 Like

This is Zac. He is 6 here. The only photo I have is this school one. He is now 23. Just posting for my own benefit obviously and to prove I did have a son for those doubters out there. I will take a photo of his baby teeth too if you like?

9 Likes

I dont have kids. But I love my partners little sister and nieces and nephews ALL are teenagers now

2 Likes

Me and my sister.

6 Likes