Checking in

I don’t know if anyone remembers me, but I used to post here. I have been doing better as far as life is concerned. I finished my degree and now have a job. I still struggle with voices every day. Usually I hear one bad voice and one good voice, but sometimes I hear two good voices and one bad voice.

Does anyone else ever feel like hearing voices is a punishment? My parents tell me that it is not my fault that I have Schizophrenia, but I often feel like it is a punishment. I feel like if I hadn’t made certain mistakes in life then I wouldn’t hear voices.

Anyway, just wanted to make a post on here again. It’s good to have a nice community that understands what you are going through.

Thanks,

SnowTiger

1 Like

Welcome back. Listen to your parents, it ain’t your fault you have schizophrenia. You might be like me and did drugs which triggered it but from what I’ve gleaned over the years of reading up on schizophrenia and being on this site, it seems to be that we were born with the propensity to become schizophrenic and certain things trigger it. You could have lived a perfect life without one mistake and still you would have become schizophrenic. There’s no one to punish you. It’s a medical condition. God didn’t inflict it on you or the police or an old gypsy woman. There’s no one doling out schizophrenia as a punishment.
Anyways, I do remember your screen name, but I don’t remember your story.

Hi @SnowTiger. It’s nice to hear from you. Congratulations on finishing your degree! That’s a major accomplishment. Also, it’s great that you’ve got a job. How do you like your job?

Welcome back to the forum!

I really like my job a lot. It’s very rewarding. It’s only part time though so I need more hours.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.