Checking in from sunny las vegas

Hi everyone we had a great wedding in portland and want to go back to renew our vows.

The wedding was really fun, but you would expect that in a donut shop. Will post pictures when I am back home!

We loved portland and miss it dearly. I highly recommend staying at the hotel rose if ever you visit portland.

The food is really yummy in America. We’re having a great trip. We arrived in Las Vegas last night … it’s beautiful to fly into at night.

Everything is going really well. Sorry if I don’t respond straight away … I’ll be out on the strip being wowed!

Miss you all xo

21 Likes

Congratulations Mrs. Turtle! :turtle: I’m so happy for you!

1 Like

Congrats and have fun!!!

1 Like

Congratulations Mrs. Turtle!

1 Like

I am missing your daily poem!

1 Like

Don’t gamble too much!! And remember what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!! :wink:

5 Likes

Congratulations @anon84763962! Hope you have a wonderful rest of your trip!

1 Like

So you gotta tell me how we’re those famous donuts. :wink:

1 Like

Oh man they were sooooo good! We got a dozen mixed and a second box with a huge love heart, a bride and groom a pink round donut and a bacon maple bar which was delicious.

We gave the bride and groom and big love heart to the hotel staff and the leftovers from the voodoo dozen to mr turtle’s aunt and uncle who live in portland.

7 Likes

Congratulations, @anon84763962 !

You have to try a Krispy Kreme doughnut. It’s mandatory in America (kidding).

1 Like

Safe travels! Enjoy your adventure!
We’ll be waiting for your return :slight_smile:

I used to be under the impression voodoo donuts were like Krispy Kreme’s. Very generic but good! But then I googled them and they’re real creative!

2 Likes

@Goyankees

I’ve never heard of Voodoo donuts (must be a West Coast thing).

2 Likes

Our countries most famous (non chain) donut shop!!! It’s only location is in Portland. Lines out the door. When I went to Portland I forgot to go to voodoo donuts :smirk: I was gonna go then I went and I forgot and left the city 2 hours later.

2 Likes

@Goyankees

I was thinking of visiting Portand, but this may seal the deal !

2 Likes

Before you grab donuts for dessert u gotta go to China town there. Best Chinese food in America. The wonton soup I will go back for one day.

2 Likes

@Goyankees

The food in Portland sounds delicious (I’m getting hungry).

1 Like

One thing I really miss about the west coast is the food! Had a dream the other night I went back to this restaurant the iron rabbit in Olympia.

1 Like

I heard the West Coast has great food. The Iron Rabbit is in Washington (Olympia)…I figured that out…lol

1 Like

The north west has very good seafood along with great organic food and great Asian foods. It rains so much and so close to the ocean. And closer to Asia than the rest of the USA. This is the reasons why those are their three specialities.

They have these great coffee shops. I remember getting pie there and a coffee and then performed poetry to a crowd :+1: Nice vibes. But I like the nastiness of east coasters in some twisted weird way.

1 Like