Chargers won't be included with new iPhones, but Apple promises greater speed, durability

I mean it’s not dangerous at all if you know what you’re doing. I have plenty of sideloaded apps and my phone’s security is fine. The problem is that most people don’t understand permissions or things like that. If one of these people download an app that tells them to allow it to download shít in order to play, then people will do it because they think it’s safe. Android should at least hide the option behind developer settings because sideloading can potentially pose just as much of a security risk as the stuff you can do with Android debug bridge. That way only people who’ve done at least some semblance of research can access the feature.

That’s okay – ignorance is supposed to be painful.

I disagree. I don’t see any issue with helping people along, especially with how expensive some phones can be. The only reason I know anything about this is because I’m really into computers. People shouldn’t have to be experts on everything they do. Currently, if an app wants to download apps, there’s literally a pop-up allowing you to grant permission right there with no explanation on this feature. There’s simply no logical reason it should be that easy to potentially compromise your device.

2 Likes

I used to do I.T. professionally. Had to fix too many 1D10T errors over too many years. Now I laugh from a safe distance.

There’s many ways to hack a phone:

1 Like

That’s my point. If Google simply hid some of these features behind the “developer options” wall, imagine how many fewer people would be calling about apps they didn’t download appearing on their phones?

There’s also wallpaper pictures crashing phones.

I never said iPhones couldn’t be “hacked,” I said there’s less malware for them. It’s very easy to infect an Android device because Android is very lax with it’s restrictions on adding apps to the play store, as well as the fact that it’s very easy to get someone to grant your app the ability to download files and other apps.

1 Like

I have been using Android since the iPhone 4. I never got hacked. Neither with iPhone.

You won’t get viruses unless you download hacked apps.

1 Like

Androids are easier to hack than iPhones

2 Likes

Again, that’s my point. It’s too easy to download compromised apps (malware) on Android devices. You can’t just download apps from an app besides the app store on iPhone without jumping through hoops and/or full-on jailbreaking the device.

2 Likes

Well yeah if you’re going to steal hacked apk apps and not pay for them of course these ppl deserve to be hacked.

1 Like

One of my previous friends used a hacked playstore to get paid apps for free. I told him I don’t trust it and apps are pretty cheap like 2$. Not worth the risk.

But I agree, Google should completely block users from installing 3rd party apps and apks. Idk why they keep allowing it.

I would buy iPhones but only if they were under 500$Canadian before taxes. My current Xiaomi is 125$US from China (No taxes). The iPhone SE is about 700$ with taxes here which is a lot for me. I would rather spend the rest of the money on my gaming PC.

2 Likes

Yeah iPhones are expensive :disappointed:

1 Like

I pay £47 a month for my iPhone 11 Pro. I also pay £13 a month for phone insurance with my bank but this also gets me none commission bank card charges in Europe, means I can spend on my card without fees in Europe. Normally without this its £3 a time at ATM to withdraw money transaction. I go to Europe (before Covid) 3 times a year.

1 Like

iPhones are pricey but they are high quality products.

1 Like

I totally agree they are quality products. Had iPhone 11 pro for over one year. It never crashes and is very secure. Battery is as good when I got it. Also if I was to sell it to pawn shop I would still get £570 for it, it costs new £1050. Apple hold their price.

1 Like

Thats a very good price, here top android and iphones are at least 80$/month. 1450$+ 15% tax full price.