Change of plans. mom is not to be listened to

she says I can add one raised bed a year. ONE!? I want full production, it will take me 20 years to expand my garden like I want. i’ll be 50 by then.

so I decided to ignore her and do what I want. they’re leaving town twice in May. so when they’re gone im going to add 5 raised beds this year. and put the rest in next March. as long as it looks good she’ll be ok with it, I think.

she just moves too slow. she tried to talk me out of buying 50 hostas for behind the house. she says “buy 5”…haha im like 5! that’s not going to fill the landscape, she says “they spread” and im like yeah by the time im 50 half the landscape will be filled with hostas. she’s ridiculous. not to be listened to. I learned my lesson. going to do my thing.

Dude. Don’t be a jerk. Your parents are nice enough to let you live with them, the least you can do is respect their rules.

5 Likes

Isn’t it their house?

You should listen to your mother,

She’s also your landlord.

2 Likes

yeah we talked it over at dinner. I told her there might be a price to pay for leaving me home alone in may. then I told her of my plan to add 5 more raised beds when they’re gone. I said how it was unreasonable to only allow me to add 1 raised bed a year, then she said something along the lines of “start with 1 and expand exponentially, not linear” im not sure what this means im not into math.

anyways she was in a good mood so seems to be ok with it. I amuse her if nothing else.

Exponentially is a lot. So it sounds like she wants you to add a lot but start with a few first…

4 Likes

It means adding one, then two, then four, then 8, etc. so it sounds like she’ll let you add more than one next year.

I think she just doesn’t want you to waste the time or money on something you may not keep up with. Why not try 2 the first year and then go from there. It’s a big commitment and you have to be on top of them. It can get old, fast which is why you see gardens all grown over a lot.

2 would be easier to keep up with, especially if you try easy stuff like tomatoes, squash, and different greens. Oh and onions and beans!

Is be happy to help you with some square foot gardening tips.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.