I am thinking of buying these

and some sort of protective hair heat spray

What are you ‘peeps’ experience with hair straighteners and such

yay?

nay?

are they worth it?

:grin:

2 Likes

Your hair looks fairly straight to me already. Might not be worth frying the hair if your hair is already pretty straight.

4 Likes

i want it to be more tidy and smooth, I think hair straighteners can give that effect?

2 Likes

I used to straighten my hair every day. I don’t do it as often anymore but I do enjoy doing it for special occasions

1 Like

Finding the right products for your hair can help with the level of smooth too- a nice hair mask or some hair oil or serum. I tend to avoid the straightener despite my big hair because I don’t want to damage it.

2 Likes

hm, you are very convincing…i don’t know what to do now lol

i do like the wave to my hair I guess, very straight hair might mean less volume to my hair,

it is just my hair is such an effing disaster i might need to resort to hair straighteners for the bottom half at least

1 Like

I used to have a CHI flat iron and thought it was pretty decent. I didn’t use it all the time but liked the look of it on occasion.

1 Like

@Schwann

maybe i will buy hair serums and see if that is goo enough on its own first

thankyou :hugs:

1 Like

A natural wave is lovely, as long as you deal with the frizz. I also have this weird belief that people with their hair natural look best. I always think that people with naturally curly hair look strange when they straighten it for example.

1 Like

I think that sounds like a good plan.

1 Like

Get a good one from a salon is my suggestion. Cheap ones are crap. Cost more but worth it. I haven’t used one in a long time but I used to often. My oldest daughter has it now. I bought it 8 years ago and it still works great. It was on clearance for $80.

1 Like

Did it dry out your hair or was it okay? Did you use it daily?

I love your curls.

1 Like

Not daily. But often. My daughter does. I used a spray to protect my hair. Now I couldn’t be bothered. Tomorrow I’m getting it cut short. Even through the 8 years of use it still heats up fast and hot. Definitely best to use a spray for protection.

1 Like

Do. Not. Use. On. Pubes.

TOO HOT.

:flushed:

4 Likes

I have a Cloud 9 ceramic, its a good one apparently, I did a lot of research before I purchased. But I no longer use it, you can have it. Its near new.

1 Like

Hair straighteners are a good tool to have in your arsenal.

Definitely use some sort of heat protectant on your hair before straightening, and keep temps at around 350F for minimal damage.

I’ve been straightening my hair since I was about 13 years old. Managed to avoid damage to tresses by using products made for heat styling and keeping temps on the lower side.

Ceramic is good, for sure. Very smooth on the hair cuticle.

Like @Schwann said, try a serum and see how that goes also. A lot of serums do contain dimethicone, which is the agent that gives hair a smooth texture. It is a silicone, so I would recommend using a clarifying shampoo once a week to avoid buildup on the hair shaft.

And when you apply your serum, use about a dime-sized amount and administer mid-length. You wanna avoid the roots because serum on the hair root will make your hair appear greasy.

Best of luck to you :sunny:

2 Likes

Good luck with your hair cut :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol I can’t tell if this is a joke but OK :relaxed:

1 Like

OK, where do you live :joy:

Thanks for the suggestion.

I’m going to do some research too on it if I buy one.

1 Like

Thanks @Schztuna that was insightful.

I’m just fed up with my hair there’s got to be a change :joy:

2 Likes