Celebrities

Do any of you get star struck? I don’t think I’d treat them any different than anybody else.

I get star struck. Definetely. Not with everybody but there’s a few 80s pop heros of mine.

1 Like

My sister works in the entertainment industry and meets big, A list celebrities everyday.

She’s totally unimpressed,

But always has interesting stories for me.

They’re just humans like us, just more money and better looking.

5 Likes

My aunt worked with Teen Challenge back in the day when that movie The Cross and the Switchblade came out. Eric Estrada asked her out on a date. She refused him bc she said he was too arrogant. Eric Estrada is or was an actor

2 Likes

I haven’t met one before. The closest I got was Edward James Olmos coming into our high school auditorium for an assembly to read some of his poetry and tell a story about when he tried to get his hair straightened as a youth and how bad it smelled. This was before the Battlestar Galactica reboot.

2 Likes

I love Edward James Olmos.

3 Likes

Kate Beckinsale mmmm

2 Likes

According to Wikipedia she studied modern languages. She has my vote.

3 Likes

I once was at a cafe and prime minister justin Trudeau was there speaking. Man he’s good looking! He put his hand out to shake my hand and I completely froze. I’m sure he thought I was a conservative and being rude. Lol I still feel like sending an email apologizing for getting star struck.

3 Likes

Yeah. I googled him. He is handsome for sure!!! I think if he tried to shake my hand I’d pass out!

2 Likes

Oh he is handsome :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Another handsome celeb is Robert Sheehan.

1 Like

Connor McGregor or Anthony Hopkins…depends on my mood

3 Likes

He was in the tv show “Chips” . That’s a very cool story.

2 Likes

I remember going to my cousin’s house and watching that show. She loved that show. She probably still watches it if it’s on.

2 Likes

Never met a celeb.

1 Like

I got Robert Patterson from Twilight to sign his autopgraph

Heheh

4 Likes

Really? He’s so handsome :wink:

1 Like

I don’t get starstruck but I do sure get obsessed.

2 Likes

Some of them are down to earth. I’d imagine it would be stressful to be a celebrity. I have a cousin who met David Spade at a baseball game. He signed my cousin’s copy of Joe Dirt. It might have been him on a good day, but my cousin said David Spade was genuinely cool about it. This was some 15 years ago.

I don’t think I’ve ever met a really famous celebrity. Well yes one in Mexico. He shook my hand and hugged my grandmother. At the time we didn’t know who he was. My grandmother, mom, and I were in a music store practically alone. He entered with a crowd behind him and they closed the doors. We were still inside and he came up to us. He was polite and said hello to us.

This was in Plaza Rio, Tijuana. Later I heard on the news he was gunned down. His name was Sergio “El Shaka (or Chaka can’t remember)” Vega. To this day I may have only heard one or two of his songs and I don’t remember them. He was very popular in Mexico at the time. Shame about his death. Some say he was involved with some drug cartel.

2 Likes