CBD oil does it work?

Hello,

I am currently in hospital for medication change from invega to clozapine. I hope clozapine works but if i still hear voices I am considering CBD oil. While the THC in marijuana is psychoactive and makes schizophrenia worse are CBD in marijuana is suppose to be antipsychotic.

Anyone tried it? Didn’t it decrease voices/delusions? Did you take it with meds (which ones)?

1 Like

It works and it’s great. I encourage all to use it.

1 Like

Has it decreased your delusions/voices? How has it effected your Sz.

Okay so like today I was having an off day. So I started vaping my cbd oil and my symptoms have decreased to a point where I can manage them. Then on top of that when I do the cbd oil I think quicker and clearer. Plus my mood is good. Then I’m able to concentrate more. Plus when I have anxiety it helps calm me down and I can think through things and find better ways to deal. It’s crazy but I can’t see not having it at this point.

1 Like

That’s great where do you buy your CBD oil?

You have to go to a shop that sales a certified cbd oil 0 percent thc. Be careful heard on the news that people put stuff in it that is not suppose to be in it. Find a vape shops near you but do your research.

A few comments.

CBD oil is one of the 85 active cannabinoids identified in cannabis. It is a major phytocnnabinoid and accounts for 40% of plants extract. It has been used in the US for Dravet’s Syndrome under the brand name Epidiolex. Dravet’s Syndrome is a rare form of epilepsy which is difficult to treat and is also known as severe myoclonic epilepsy of infancy is rare and intractable epilepsy and CBD oil may be good for.

Portions of the marijuana plant have been found to help some forms of childhood epilepsy, but not clear that adult variations respond in similar fashion. Since we have well over 20 different anti-epileptics, surprises me that appropriate medication has not been found. Another approach might involve a Vagal Nerve Stimulator.

Edit: I totally misread your post and posted a reply that had nothing to do with the question. Anyway, there just isn’t good data on it in humans at present. In animal models and preliminary results it seems MOST promising to treat psychosis.

1 Like

I am actually interested in this too. Would a local head shop sell it?

1 Like

I think I will try this in the future (6-8 months) if clozapine doesn’t work well for me.

1 Like

Cbd in the quantities you can buy has no antipsychotic effects. If clozapine doesn’t work out try another AP.

2 Likes

I use and oil and it has worked well mainly it reduces my anxiety which in turn helps with the voices. I find the more stressed I am the more my voices both me. I found a cbd Facebook page were I asked for the best oils for my conditions and they recommend a company and oil I’m in the UK so all the cbd products have to be 0.2 thc or less

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.