Cause of schizophrenia

Do the pressures of life cause schizophrenia?

i think life is tough and some people like us aren’t mentally tough and capable to deal with it and

that may cause schizophrenia.

I think when i became an adult that’s when i contracted this disease.

sucks but what to do, it spoils life.

i wish life were a bit easier

1 Like

The biggest causes of sz are genetics (80%) and drug use. Stress plays a much smaller role. I never had real stress or used drugs and I got schizophrenia. Mine is mainly genetic.

1 Like

ok

i think in my case the stress got to me and handed me sz

Well stress could worsen recovery, what type of stress?

1 Like

I think it is Emotions.

1 Like

yes u r right about that

1 Like

during the onset of sz i had stress of academics

School? I was at university and quit to reduce stress, I still got schizophrenia.

1 Like

yes university/college

SZ is mainly genetic but the experts aren’t sure on this either.

I think that psychotic people are very sensitive individuals and this may have made them more vulnerable.

1 Like

i think i agree on the sensitive part

1 Like

You know I thought it was stress before I got sz so I cut all stress, stayed at home in bed or on my computer all day. I still got sz. I don’t think its stress in my case. Strongly genetics for me.

1 Like

ok if so is the case then i dont know what was it in my case

Did you do drugs? Parents can be carriers of silent sz genes that get activated in you.

2 Likes

no i didnt do any drugs

neither did i smoke or drink

1 Like

You can read on Wikipedia about sz causes:

“Estimates of the heritability of schizophrenia are between 70% and 80%, which implies that 70% to 80% of the individual differences in risk to schizophrenia is associated with genetics.”

1 Like

ok

15 asda sdsdsadsad

I know its hard to accept that its mostly genetic because you can’t fight genes. But new meds can change what these genes do in the body like lowering high dopamine etc

1 Like

i dont know if its genetic in my case bcoz i dont know of any relatives that was mentally ill

I said silent which means your parents can be carriers of sz genes that are inactive. Genes can be activated in you in the presence of other genes or randomly.

1 Like