🐯 Cats! CATS! catscatscats THIS IS A THREAD FOR CATS

The kittens are doing fine. We have been wiping them down every time we feed them. They are going to the bathroom okay. They eat often but don’t seem to eat very much.

We contacted Cat Haven in Baton Rouge and they said it would be 1 to 3 days before they could get back to us. They recommend putting the kittens back in the attic for the Mom to find them but my wife doesn’t want them in the attic. I don’t want to call animal control back because I don’t trust the government very well but they said they would pick them up.

I think I have derailed the Cats thread.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Awwww…I wish I could have all of these precious babies

1 Like

So cute! Obviously you don’t want the cats in the attic, but putting them up there in the trap with food and keeping a close watch may allow you to trap the mama.

4 Likes

I haven’t seen the mom all day. I keep looking. I think she left. Haven’t seen her since last night.

Awe so sad about the mum and kittens @TomCat . Doing a good job.

Here’s a quick pic of Charlie girl. She is like me and likes the heat. We have a little space heater and Charlie thinks it’s just for her! It really is our kitty cat heater!

IMG_0075

10 Likes

My wife wanted me to take the kittens to the animal shelter so I did and they were going to take them but they told me they were going to kill them so I brought them back home.

How long will it be until they can eat in their own?

2 Likes

My guess is about 4 weeks, but that would be a good question to ask a cat rescue, or even a local vet. Did the shelter say they’d take the kittens after they’re weaned? I mean, without killing them. I know sometimes shelters don’t have the time/resources to bottle feed kittens, so that may be why they won’t keep them now.

Any word on mama cat?

2 Likes

I haven’t caught her yet.

@TomCat: Call a rescue! Neonatal kittens are so difficult to care for, shelters often are unequipped for it. That’s why they’re so often put down. Would you like me to make calls to rescues in your area to see if someone can help?

Appreciate all you’re doing to help these kittens.

3 Likes

We put in a request with Cat Haven here but they have to find them a home before we can take them in.

1 Like

Cat Haven would be on top of it. I can also ask some high-profile rescuers to put out a request for you, if you like - they might able to reach people not signed up with Cat Haven.

Sure if you can find someone. We are in Baton Rouge but anyplace nearby would be fine. If I didn’t already have two cats we would just adopt them.

1 Like

My cat Ginger:

SSHHH…she’s sleeping:

13 Likes

That feeling when your kitty litter bill is bigger than your kitty food bill.

12 Likes

Ginger went to the groomer this morning and got this pretty scarf

She’s not impressed with it

12 Likes

How adorable is that. She’s a doll.

2 Likes

Snoop hitting the books

10 Likes

@anon17132524

Why do i feel that Ginger rules the roost? She has that look like i ain’t havin it.

2 Likes

@ThePickinSkunk

You’re right. She does rule the roost.

Most of my life the only person I had to care about was me. And that’s not necessarily bad, but I was a very selfish person. A miserable person.

Ginger has changed that.

1 Like