Catch phrases

Back in the 80’s it was “awesome”. You heard it everywhere. Everything was “awesome” or “killer” or “the bomb”. I hated it. I remember being on a bus and hearing two teenagers talking behind me. Every other word
was “awesome”. It sounded ridiculous. I hate to say it but I got a little secret pleasure out of hearing how ridiculous they sounded.

Why can’t people just be normal and say that everything is “groovy” like we did in the 60’s and 70’s?

1 Like

3 Likes

Apparently if you like a song now, you’re supposed to say ‘that song is sick’. I feel older than I already am.

4 Likes

I don’t like the term “sick” or as I hear around here a lot “fully sick.” It makes me think of vomit and I can’t equate that to anything good.

Out of interest, and I’m being very sneaky with you today @everhopeful, but how old are you? I understand if you don’t want to answer that.

2 Likes

Sweet, cool, swell, dope, radical

Are some of my favs

1 Like

You’re so fresh to death and sick as ca-ca-cancer.

Older than you, and that’s all you’re getting ! :smile:

3 Likes

I said, excuse me, you’re a hell of a guy. I mean my, my, my, my you’re like pelican fly.

1 Like

Fair enough! I didn’t think I would have much luck with that question. You’re a mystery man! I like it.

You’d make a good interrogator! I’ll have to keep my eye on you. :smile:

2 Likes

That’s dope, brah!

1 Like

I LOVE SAYING RADICAL :smiley:

1 Like

That’s just peachy! love that phrase.

I like saying unreal instead of awesome. “That’s unreal!”

i have my own catch phrase, when i tell my partner she is my baby she says maybe and then i say aint no maybe baby. its stupid and yes i know it contains a double negative.

2 Likes