Cash out cryptocurrency?

Not sure but maybe it will be possible to recover the money if it becomes regulated by the government just like stocks.

I am afraid not. No password equals no ownership.

3 Likes

@labratmat @Headspark @anon28145038

There is more sad stories than mine, I just have 226500$CAD:

1 Like

Im afraid its gone forever man.

3 Likes

I read about a guy that threw out a hard drive that had 8000 bitcoins on it. He went to the dump to look for it but never found it. That would be worth $480,000,000.

3 Likes

Yea I remember reading that as well.

2 Likes

@Aziz
Got to wait until quantum computers are a general reality to crack the password. If you don’t have a limit on how many times you can enter a password on it that is.

If you have over $200,000 on it, it would be worth the wait.

1 Like

No there is no limit but by the time that you can purchase a quantum computer I would be dead lol

Nah, I reckon you could rent access for a fee or a percentage with a programmer.

2 Likes

I don’t know if you can hold out for quantum computers, maybe, but maybe not. I’m not a programmer, but I am sure current bitcoin programmers are aware of quantum computers and their potential. Wouldn’t the bitcoin community programmers somehow program an update to bitcoin so it won’t be vulnerable to quantum computers before quantum computers become mainstream?

1 Like

I think that how it works is that miners secure the bitcoin network? But if someone gets a quantum computer before ppl mine bitcoin with quantum computers he will be able to crack passwords if he got the wallet.dat file.

He doesn’t have a choice but to wait. 30 years could make a nice retirement plan for @Aziz which is a possibility. Hold onto the codes I say. Is someone else storing the bitcoins and you just need the password to access it?

1 Like

I purchased two AntMiners bitcoin miners a while ago on ebay but the guy ended up not sending them and I got a refund. They were a too good deal to be true, maybe it was a scam but PayPal refunded my money.

@Headspark @labratmat

This is what an AntMiner bitcoin miner looks like:

61zNpNfdE0L.AC_SX466

1 Like

@Aziz is your password a password or is it a seed phrase (bunch of words)

1 Like

Its a pw, seed phrases didn’t exist back then I think.

ok, send me a private message, I have an idea.

Don’t forget your percentage fee for recovery, if it works… :wink:

1 Like

lol, good idea! :wink:

1 Like

Thanks but I am fine :grin:
Already tried professional recovery services from a reputable source :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like