Carnivore diet cures sz?

Here’s an article how a keto diet cured sz, why not the carnivore diet?

1 Like

These articles are dangerous. A diet is not superior to medication for sz/sza.

7 Likes

This is dangerous. It may encourage people to go off their meds. It’s an interesting article, but perhaps not one meant to be shared here…

5 Likes

Two remarkable personal stories

The plural of anecdote isn’t “evidence”.

They probably had celiac disease.

There is no evidence WHATSOEVER that a keto diet cures schizophrenia. Because it doesn’t.

8 Likes

I want to note that I think it only says the diet helped on top of the meds

2 Likes

This is spam as far as I’m concerned!
Dangerous stuff!

6 Likes

Saying that a diet is superior to antipsychotics for schizophrenia is just wrong.

6 Likes

Has anyone tried the carnivore diet?

1 Like

No. Humans are not carnivores. We need the nutrients found in vegetables to thrive.

5 Likes

Humans are supposed to be omnivores. It’s what evolution has ‘designed’ us for.

3 Likes

Lots of people are finding amazing health benefits from the carnivore diet

1 Like

This article is the gift that keeps on giving.

2 Likes

Okay then. Post a link documenting the health benefits of the carnivore diet.

2 Likes

Humans can’t obtain essential fibre with the carnivore diet…

Plus without carbs the body will find an alternative sluggish way to release energy via metabolism. Not sure which mechanism though.

First of all, you’re confusing keto vs carnivore. Carnivore is all meat. Keto is low-carb. Secondly, this is a really dangerous assertion in general.

A low carb diet helped them, but it was only 2 people. That is not at all reflective of the general population. They need to do way more testing on way more people before this can even be considered a real possibility

2 Likes

I’m on Keto in my seventh week and I can say I definitely still need my meds. My mood has improved and I have more energy, but I still experience the fringes of sz from time to time.

You should try carnivore for a couple of weeks @Moonwalker, then do a blood test to see if things are OK and let everyone know how your sz has changed! :grinning:

2 Likes

Are fad diets bad for your health? I always hear about them but they can not be good for you.

1 Like

I think as long as you are getting your vitamins, minerals and sustaining energy, then you can go for a few weeks without negative impact. I’m not a doctor though, and it would be wise to have a doctor’s supervision if you are doing a particular diet long term.