Carl Jung on “schizophrenia”

All the best people are - Pretty good loony for who can be considered the founder of modern Western psychology.

“The essence of the universe as consciousness is just as valid a premise as the essence of the universe as matter.”

I would comment but I’m too afreud.

8 Likes

@Sarad wins the Internet for today.

(bows down)

Pixel.

3 Likes

You are Jungistified in your view.

3 Likes

I didn’t start hallucinating until I got into a bad car wreck but I was already having problems with time perception and paranoia at age 16. I feel like there are so many factors and combinations that it’s hard for me to lean on any one theory.

Hi. i feel the same way - which is why i lean towards an integral/holistic approach - i think that things do cross biological, psychological, social & spiritual ranges. From a very grounded perspective - how can biology be rationally separated from environment (experience & psychology) anyway?

Yes and spiritual too like u said. I had a shaman tell me that he saw me being haunted by a particular ghost whom he described and it matched what i had seen. I feel like the answer for me is to live well on all fronts…

1 Like

Yes, same for me too - i’ve worked with spiritual/alternative healers as well. i try & live with addressing things on all fronts as well. Despite how much i get attacked for my views - has been over 16 years since last in hospital & over 11 years since the last major psychotic episode, living a very independent life - after a diagnosis of severe schizophrenia & managing on a very low dose of one medication - Must be doing something right.

That’s great! I am on low doses too but it’s mostly bc of med intolerance.

1 Like