Schizophrenia.com

Career change maybe

I used to love my job (admin, data entry) and yes there are opportunities for progression but they involve managerial work mostly and I don’t feel like I have the leadership skills to manage people. So I am at a dead end. I don’t necessarily care for having a career per se, I just want more flexibility to move around in my field for some variety and I do not feel I have that. It is now starting to feel like I am stuck.

So

10 years ago I was looking into accountancy but I didn’t feel I was capable or have any confidence in myself. My math isn’t great at the moment as I have been out of school for a very long time, but I love being organised, working with data, paying attention to detail. Oh and I love working on the computer. These are the skills I already have. Now if I go onto at an accounting technicians course, I have more scope to do the things I want to do without needing to manage people. I am 35 and it is a lot to go back into education at this age, but I feel more ready than I did 10 years ago. I still got time to think it through because it would mean not being able to rent for sometime, living on not so much money etc.

1 Like

Sounds like a good plan! Best of luck to you. I hope the accounting course gets you where you want to be

1 Like

I agree. Sounds a positive move and as you say you already have some skills. Plenty of time to think about it.

1 Like

Want to be an entrepreneur and have my own business.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.