Cardiovascular Question ...?

This has nothing to do with my schizophrenia, so I already apologize for this post. But I don’t have anyone else to ask.

Midnight on Sunday February 27th/February 28th I was admitted to the hospital for a rapid heart rate of 164 BPM while resting. (They deemed it a very mild heart attack.) Monday February 28th I had to wear a 24 hour heart monitor to see what caused it. I get the results of the test on the 15th - I am 18 years old the only medications I take are 10 MG of melatonin before bed. Otherwise I’m an insomniac. (Like tonight I haven’t taken any and it’s 4:30 in the morning as I write this now.) I had bronchitis at the time, but I’m healthy now and tonight I started feeling all the symptoms of the same night. Luckily my heart rate didn’t exceed 105 and it has gone down to 86 now.

Has anyone else had any issues like this? Any known causes? I don’t have any medical cardiovascular history on either parents side either. Curiosity killed the cat, hopefully satisfaction will bring it back.

I suffer from an irregular heart beat and also experience a rapid rate. I drink meds for both. My doctor said you normally get cardiac dysrhythmia from a virus.

I’ve never had this issue before though so it’s a little odd to me. Do you think it’s from the bronchitis?

@Stunned

My best guess is hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid). I say this because I looked at nearly a dozen conditions that can cause such a high pulse, but only one is associated with insomnia (hyperthyroidism).

Let’s wait for the test results.

1 Like

First off feel free to post whatever you want. If it is bad the mods will take it down. People post health stuff all the time. The tachycardia could be caused by certain medications I don’t know which ones you take. Also you could have a heart defect or something. Other than that don’t know much. Isn’t something I deal with much.

1 Like