Car test once a year

Im off for the car test

I hope it passes

Its a SEAT Leon 05’

4 Likes

No idea what this means but good luck!

Is it a practical driving test or a theory? We do one test and we are good for life…or until a medical condition…or is this your car? I’m confused but interested!

1 Like

My van failed its test yesterday. I need a new front suspension coil spring.

The garage that did the test quoted me £210 + taxes. A guy I know is doing it for £65 including taxes!

when i live in mo.usa we had state car inspections it was 35 plus the work and parts done on the car. one year i thought the car wasnt worth it, but by the time i got to the shop, it was to late 1,200. bill.so i drove i another year.

1 Like

We also do inspection once a year. My old car used to fail because of the wipers every year, and I would have to replace them with more terrible cheap wipers that lasted a year. Mr. Star convinced me to buy the expensive wipers one year, and they still are on the car 5 years later after I sold it to my oldest.

3 Likes

I had that car. Well mum did. It was a grey sports car.

I also have a seat.

What do you mean? Do you mean you’re taking it in to be inspected and given a tune up?

Its a car test, they check to see once a year if your car is fit for the road, they check everything in the car

Mine failed on a hole in the exhaust so ive 28 days to fix it, once its fixed they certifife the car is road worthy and I can drive it knowing everything is up to scratch

it cost 55 euro for the test

I will fix the hole in the exhaust myself

2 Likes

I had to have the Fiero inspected last summer because it’s a 1988. I just put Vlad the Impala back on the road for the weekend while my wife is gone with the other vehicle and my insurer wanted an inspection. I told them to get stuffed because it’s a 2018. They backed down. The advantage of being a broker is that you can email an underwriter directly and say, “LOOK…”

Here it is state law that you can’t drive a car with an expired inspection. They don’t want people getting into major wrecks and killing others with their self-modded death traps.

Inspections are only required in certain situations. Newer vehicles aren’t subject to inspections for roadworthiness. Vlad does have a few mods, but the insurance company isn’t overly concerned about those. (Performance chip, custom programming, two extra fuel injectors, and a slight mod to the front steering to cancel out the increased torque steering.) Mods were done professionally and came with 2 yrs warranty.

This was the algorithm in BluePass being stupid and the underwriter being dumber.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.