Capgras Delusion, any body there?

my voices tried to convince me that my whole family were clones. it came from invasion of the body snatchers, a movie that scared me when i was a kid. i heard all their voices telling me this and how they hated me and were going to murder me by burning me alive in the back garden. it’s so stupid when u think about it rationally. i guess the actual cloning “delusion” only lasted about 6 weeks but their voices persisted for about 6 months until i just stop believing in them. i still hear them occaisionally now but it doesn’t bother me as i know its not real. can quite safely say that one will never bother me again.

1 Like

I think this is a really common delusion. My brother also thought our parents were clones. I see this all the time here in the discussion forums. I think that this “syndrome” is just a common subset delusion in schizophrenia.

1 Like

I do agree with you on this, I guess that a lot of schizophrenics have suffered from it at some point, and they might not be able to recognize it as a delusion, like in my case.

thing was, i never actually believed in it fully. i questioned it and it upset me greatly because that’s what their voices were telling me but it never quite got me to the point where it was concrete in my mind. it was tough but i got through like i always do. they’d have to do something pretty spectacular to make me believe in it now.

1 Like

It’s good that you didn’t fully fill all into that delusion and that you only hallucinated it, it’s really hard to fight it when it happens, and in my case this experience is really scary.

That sounds very similar to a delusion i experienced years ago in which i vaccilated between serious suspicion or being totally convinced that the group of friends i was spending a lot of time with were actually demons in disguise who were conspiring to take my soul to hell and spoke in all sorts of double-talk and code so they could discuss their plans in plain view. I never thought about whether they were imposters posing as my friends or if my friends were imposters posing as humans - i wasn’t concerned with what the car looked like as much as it’s destination. I really did not like their knowing glares and mocking leers. Not sure if this is capgras, I will have to read more on it later. that image you posted is awesome though, really captures the feeling and gave me a laugh to boot.

2 Likes

I had the Capgras Delusion with my cat. I thought he had been replaced and killed, so I looked for his body on the side of the road while driving to work. If I saw a cat that was his color I’d get out and look at the roadkill cat. It gives me a laugh now to think about it, but those were some weird times.

1 Like

I did experience what you’ve said as well, but not in a full believe, I do push away those people who scare me, I don’t know if it’s Copgras delusion or some other delusion.
I get that feeling about acquaintances, people I know but not so well, I get to push them away because I don’t know who they are and I get the delusion that they might be killers, criminals or evil and they might hurt me.

I had a black cat once, I remember that I had my Copgras delusion about her too, I had to send her away because she creeped me out and I couldn’t handle it, but the weird thing is that I really saw two identical cats at the same time in our house, and I very sure that there was only one !! they say that black cats get possessed by demons.

my last two cats have been black cats…I think they suffer the same “stigma” about being bad as schizophrenics do so I would take a black cat over any other color cat! I miss them, lost the last one because of the divorce. Sweet kitty.

2 Likes

i have a complaint, you have turned a sweet frog ’ Kermit ’ into something devilish, i am already having nightmares.
( dark sith snuggles up to his hairless teddy and trys to get the bad images out of his head ! )
" kermit the frog is good "
take care

In graham hancock’s “angels, aliens, elves, and ayahuasca” video he explains in one portion that this is a part of ancient faerie lore. Faerie being just another word for a “spirit”, it’s just an older word that means the same thing.

People would be replaced with faeries who looked exactly like them.

I had one myself having to do with ancient faerie/elf/shamanic beliefs where my brother had shapeshifted and was at a bus station, the guy looked quite similar in different ways. Come to find out though that shaman have always spoken of shapeshifters.

After thinking this, not of my own mind of course, i got back on the bus, a short time later i looked at the driver and he had very large and pointy ears, like an elf actually, it looked entirely physical, it was a vision induced by the entities with me.

After my experiences i don’t think that you guys are thinking these things for no reason, it could be considered something wrong with the mind but not caused by a chemical imbalance or your brain screwing up, it’s someone and not something.

1 Like

Cap grass.

and

Co-tard.

I agree with you, me and my family are the only people in the neighborhood that raise black cats, people don’t even feed them, they hit them. my cats have been injured because people keep on hitting them.

Does it count if I believe that I have been replaced by another twin that has been being evil in my absence?
Evil enough to attract others sent from the future to monitor me, trying to prevent “me” from doing something very,very, bad? While I have done nothing I’ve been silently accused of, and to this day cannot understand the presence of those watching, I figured it would just take time before the truth came out and I’d be vindicated.
Ok, took 11 years before they got the idea? Wasn’t me. There is a woman in town that does look like me-only longer hair, and drives the exact same make and model car, same color paint too.
Have had the manager of an apartment complex mistake me for this girl-twice, and my current husband swore it was me driving by him when I had been home all day.
Many time strangers waved at me way to friendly and tried to talk to me and give me rides, but I had no idea who they were and if you don’t think that didn’t fuel my paranoia…
So far, Ive never met this girl, hope she moved out of state.

1 Like

I also heard an old japanese woman’s ghost story on youtube once.

She said her husband went out to collect wood or something, and then it appeared that he came back, except there was a tell that it wasn’t him, when they discovered that it wasn’t him this “whoever” ran off.

The husband came home after and had no idea about what had happened.

She said it looked just like him, but this one thing was different.

1 Like

And yes, they can come here, and yes they can look entirely human and physical.

Are you serious! darksith I never meant to cause you confusion or trouble…I’m sorry that it got you trouble, if there’s any consolation the picture is just photo manipulation. I have the frog Kermit in my house and it behaves so well :wink: Kermit frog is good. :frog:

1 Like

I had a look alike once, in my neighborhood, it really confuses you !!