Cant sleep

been trying to sleep for three hours now, no luck. I used to smoke marijuana to help me sleep but im out and trying to quit. what do you do when you can’t fall asleep?

We bought a sleep machine at Walmart for 30 bucks…it plays thunder, rain, ocean tide, babbling brook…etc.

It shuts out all of the other house noises and helps you relax and sleep better I find.

5 Likes

I slept over at my friends place the other day and she had a white noise machine and it helped me sleep i think maybe i should invest in one

4 Likes

I try not to get too concerned about it. I get up and go to the computer or my Word Seek magazine and use the extra energy enthusiastically. Then, I soon wear out.

3 Likes

I sleep a night less. Usually it means I will sleep more the next night.

4 Likes

i do not plan to sleep tonight-- i want to but cant and wont be able to–at least i dont risk the sleep apnea if im awake–im going to put my oxygen back on though–i prob will need it–

4 Likes

lol its 12am my neighbors will think im strange but im going to make some coffee and go sit outside lol

3 Likes

thats probably what i’ll do too tbh, its 3 am for me and im tired but not sleepy, yknow

2 Likes

I either make a sleepy time tea, and attempt to fall asleep once more, or I make a coffee, and give up on sleep for the rest of the night.

3 Likes

Hey @lola ,
It is a pathetic condition that can’t sleep. I think because of the use, and you are addicted to marijuana. To think about quitting from that is appreciating. Please do some therapies for a night of better sleep. And engage in activities like listening to music, reading or anything that makes you entertained and happy. Hope for the best. Good Luck.

2 Likes

I’m awake too probably due to my med change from my pdoc. I only maybe slept four hours.

2 Likes

I woke up too it’s 3:36 am here and can’t sleep anymore but I also went to sleep at 9 or 10 I was really exhausted from yesterday

To answer your question I usually get on here for a little bit then if I still don’t get sleepy I get up and crochet in the living room

1 Like

Me too. 151515151515

2 Likes

I was sleepy at 9 pm when my friend called and I wanted to retire then but she kept me on the phone and pushed me past my sleepytime and into hypomania. Now, I haven’t slept and it’s 4 am.

I will take my a.m. meds and sit out on my balcony with some coffee now.

2 Likes

It’s very nice to see the early birds of the day here though it’s not by choice for some. I hope you all have a good rest of the day.

2 Likes

The climate is perfecta out here on my balcony.

I think I will sit out here on mi sofa and do some more Duolingo.

And thankyou @sweetpotatofries

2 Likes

I woke up at 2 p.m. and now it’s about 6 a.m. and I can’t sleep all night. I’ve been sleeping too much lately. I think I’ll have some peanuts :peanuts:.

1 Like

By the way I’ve worked in advertising as an actor. I was one of the cavemen in the Geico commercials.

4 Likes

ive been sleeping too little, running on 3 hours of sleep but still can’t fall asleep.

1 Like