Can't send a private message!

How can I send a private messages to people ? I have been a user since a long time, how can I increase my trust level @Rhubot ?

2 Likes

Bhai jaan aslam maleekum…

1 Like

You’re locked as a new user. And you have asked people repeatedly to PM you, which is suspicious. @Rhubot, @Moonbeam or @Ninjastar will have to decide if you can be unlocked, as I haven’t been watching you closely.

3 Likes

Walikum Alsalam, its been along time bro.

2 Likes

Buddy do u have a multiple account…my request is to stick with one…u are a good person in this forum…are u married now…thanks take care…

1 Like

Thanks, I asked people to PM me because I I dont feel comfortable talking about my symptoms in new topics.

You should use the forums because it helps everyone

3 Likes

Hi, thanks. My one and only account. Not married yet. Have you gone through a realtionship lately?

2 Likes

Sure thing, but in rare cases I would like to pm people.

i would like to know too! lol just kidding. I locked my own account, a month or so ago. kind of adapted to the condition, so i don’t want to unlock it. in fact, i just got a PM an hour or so ago which I can respond to, so it’s not as bad as I thought it would be.

Okay so you locked your own accout yourself. Can you unlock it,And how? If so, dose that applies to me?

1 Like

no i can’t unlock my own account. lol. for my safety, i probably wouldn’t want to unlock my own account anyways. i don’t send PMs, but in certain situations i might be tempted to do so. locking my account, and not being able to PM, really makes things a lot less stressful and secure for me. the only thing i have to worry about is PMs being sent to me. but I very rarely get PMs, because I’ve learned to utilize the public features of this software in such a way that I don’t get PMs

I PM’d classic10. Should I be worried? Why is there suspicion? The conversation seemed benign. Can you tell me what the concern is? :flushed:

No, you can’t unlock it yourself. That would defeat the purpose of locking someone as a new user.

No, don’t be worried. I can’t say for sure why he was locked as a new user. We usually keep notes about the reasons why people are locked and such, but there was no note for classic10. I’m waiting for the other current mods to chime in on this - they might know why he was locked and whether we should unlock him. We often lock new members when they act suspiciously and then unlock them after a while or when they ask. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

what would qualify as suspicious activity? I’m confused. I just got my first pm today, I don’t want to do something suspicious.

When a new user comes on and immediately asks about PMs, we usually lock them until we get to know them better. We do this because we have had a problem in the past with people coming here just to, for example, try to get members to pay for their services “fighting evil spirits,” or to get them to join their TI website. So when someone immediately wants to PM, we prevent them from doing so until we can establish that they’re not a scammer.

2 Likes

You should be able to send a message now. Sorry about all the confusion.

1 Like

What ninjastar said. And also, so we don’t make you paranoid now: We can’t read PMs unless they are flagged by one of the participants in that PM. That rarely happens. PMs are private. :wink:

2 Likes

oh I see, thank you!