Can't or don't want to?

True, I’m an invalid. It means I’m past the stage of beating myself up in order to get things done. Now, I’ve given myself a choice. I live in adult foster care and wouldn’t have to do anything if I didn’t want to. But several years ago I decided I was well enough to do some chores. So I have been. But mental illness is a stubborn thing. It will convince me that I’m unable when the problem is really unwilling. My illness tells me it’s a matter of deserving not to participate in the functioning of the house. But my healthier side wants to contribute. A vague sense of being lost is the real culprit. When I find my healthy mother is right here in my heart and my head, then I am not lost and I can function. :slightly_smiling_face::apple:

1 Like

you know, I have the same problem only I’m not in foster care :grinning:

1 Like

There are some chores that I should do but only do them when I must. I think this is similar.

1 Like

I think it sounds like a depressed mood. I can also relate to @Here4You that “there are some chores that I should do but only do them when I must”.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.