Can't hunt and fish anymore...don't like hurting anything

I grew up kind of a country boy hunting rabbit and squirrel, and fishing a lot…I can’t stand the thought of hooking a poor fish in the mouth anymore…much less cleaning it. so I don’t do that anymore.

2 Likes

Yeah fishing is kinda ■■■■■■ up if you think about it.

1 Like

Yeah i remember when fishing sometimes the fish would swallow the hook and theres nothing you can do about it it just kills the fish

1 Like

I don’t see anything wrong with it as long as it’s getting eaten. Hook is the only way to catch a fish for the most part. Just the way it is. Can kill it quickly to end suffering.

1 Like

I couldnt hunt half of the stuff I eat :frowning:
Im a hypocrite I know.

I don’t care so much for fish but mammals and maybe even birds I couldn’t slaughter.
I remember seeing some PETA video when I was a teenager of industrial farms and it was disturbing to say the least!

There’s a real disconnect for most people between eating a meal and the fact you are eating flesh.

1 Like

I don’t understand the point of catch and release - all you’re doing is causing an animal distress for no good purpose. If you’re not going to eat it or can’t eat it, leave it be. I could hunt and field dress if I had to, but I prefer not to.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.