Can't get lost in my passions

I used to be able to get lost in my art, music, video games, books, movies, but now I can’t find enjoyment in anything and I can’t focus. I feel like there’s something important I’m supposed to do or something I’m missing. It’s making me miserable and I don’t want to be touched and I’m angry all the time

3 Likes

I lost my passion when someone told me that those are just distraction in facing my problems. :frowning:

Sounds like someone gave you bad advice. I’m sorry to hear that

3 Likes

I’m waiting on my insurance to kick in so I can finally get help for my schizophrenia… it took me awhile to get the help after I found out cause this whole thing in my head like I’m gifted and they’re just tryna take my powers from me and all this lol but I can’t draw anymore and I’d do anything to just be able to sit down and paint! Drawing is my passion like I got artist tattooed on my neck in pink but I can’t do it anymore. I’m heartbroken like I literally CANT nomatter how much I want too or think I want too… I start thinking about how I should start painting then my mind gets racing and overthinking like can i even paint anymore even though I’ve been drawing my whole life… I can’t wait to draw again you have no idea :tired_face: That’s what I look forward too

I know the struggle. Drawing has been my escape my whole life and now I can’t hardly even start a drawing

I used to have many hobbies and now i do nothing for the day. It sucks.

2 Likes

I’ve been telling exactly this to my pdocs from the beginning. I believe the cause of this is anhedonia.
Tianeptin helps a little to get active, but still no drive…

1 Like

I know how you’re feeling.
I feel like I’m still waiting for my life to start.

2 Likes

Me too, my head enjoys only pacing back and forth now.
There seems to be no hope to regain the concentration and the normal feelings…

4 Likes

Don’t listen to them. Pursue your passions. They are wrong. The passions are what make people happy and that is important.

2 Likes

I know I’m doing good because I can get lost in my passions still which are: yoga, meditation, piano, reading, talking to my cat, social media, and volunteering.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.