Cannot hold on to a job

I am pretty stressed I cannot =even find a job. We are planning to move out in 2 years and I cannot even hold down a stupid job. Hope it does not cause problems getting a mortgage. He does earn a lot but because I am not working and strugglign so much, it’s still not going to be easy to find a house near to london.

3 Likes

I thought I couldn’t hold down a job for the longest time but now I’m feeling great and am happily working full time. Also sorry you can’t find a job I’m lucky jobs are plentiful in the Bay Area atm.

1 Like

There’s lots of jobs but lots of people applying so it’s tough. It’s a competition. Plus part time is difficult to get.

1 Like

I know I know! Hang in there!! U got this!!

1 Like

@matthewj What job do you have?

1 Like

I understand the pressure to work and create balance in a relationship but if the worst comes to the worst could you be useful at home and learn to survive on less? It is so hard nowadays even without health problems…

2 Likes

Hang in there. Over time and with treatment you may be able to work in the future. But for now, I’d try to come up with a budget that includes you staying at home. My husband and I can’t work. We’re both on disability. But so far, we’ve made it work. It’s definitely not easy, but it is doable.

1 Like

I work as a valet attendant currently

3 Likes

I’m with you honey, just my own screw ups I guess.

Godspeed.

1 Like

did you try going on disability?

1 Like

I can work though with limitations. I am on disability but I’m still allowed to work.

1 Like

are they turning down your applications?

1 Like

Every job I apply to has 100s of applications. Lots of competition. Plus I want part time. So it’s tough.

1 Like

just keep applying. you’ll get there. and in the meantime disability can help you out

1 Like

Yeah, but you still work. Don’t give up. From ages 17-19 I had about 16 different jobs; never lasted more than three months at any of them. Now I’ve been at my current job ten years. Things change. Maybe you need to learn how to mop and vacuum, lol.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.