Can you separate your self from your illness?

I have no positive symptoms and few negative symptoms, mostly just a mild case of the flat affect.

This disease has put limits on me though, for example I don’t feel I could work full time like I use too but I am doing a lot better than i have in a long time.The hard part about separating myself from this illness is that it has had a massive effect on my social life, I don’t have one, a complete 180 from pre-schizophrenia days.

I don’t keep a journal, never have, I was always afraid someone would find it and read it. I once had a file buried deep in some random directory on my Linux server were I wrote some stuff but I became worried that someone would find it and read it, so I deleted the file and have never written anything since.

sometimes, to this day, when i do well i try to tell myself i am cured, etc etc. but it comes back. and yes sz is such a big part of me not just my life that it defines me, sometimes more and sometimes less so. judy

2 Likes

no…I cant even talk about my symptoms it will scare people…if people knew.

I’ve had sza for so long (half my life so far) that it’s definitely a part of me and I cannot see myself without it. I would not be me without it. But I do have other parts to me, like I’m a hippie, I’m a vegan, I’m a wife, daughter, sister, aunt, Muslim, etc

1 Like

Yes I can

But then many things do remind me I am at risk of relapsing and side effects from medicine I just choose not to focus on it in my real daily life too much, if at all.

I try to be as normal as possible in terms of non Ill in my real daily life…

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.