Can you reverse brain damage caused by sz?

I have trouble with some intellectual and academic studies now. But sometimes I think it’s because I don’t use things like complicated math problems every single day. I graduated from college in 2005. I think if you stop stimulating the brain, over time you just forget how to do things. I’m a stay at home mom. The most intellectual stimulation I get is how to get play dough out of my carpet. I have to go out of my way to stimulate my brain.

Pre medicated I was failing in college. After I stabilized, a year later, I was well enough to get a 3.9.

I do think you should try to stimulate the brain in some way. And most of the time it’s a struggle just to brush our teeth and get out of bed. I can see that it can be a dangerous cycle. I do think it’s important to focus on what you CAN and work on that, instead of compare yourself to others who are mentally ill or healthy.

I bet you have many strengths in your life. Don’t be so hard on yourselves.

2 Likes

Physical exercise, routine, good sleep, etc

2 Likes

I wish — when I was 18 I dropped acid then smoked weed, now years later I can’t solve my issues nor even remember anything, my schizophrenia is extreme and my cognitive ability is totally effed

1 Like

My pdoc said it was possible

1 Like
3 Likes

I just accepted that I’m less intelligent than the rest of the population. I was never that smart to begin, so I feel worse for you guys. And yeah, I’ve heard that more breaks turn into more damage.

2 Likes
1 Like

Thats old news over 12 years back. Anyway that has nothing to do with his nutritional, exercise and diet suggestions.

Personally i find that long fasting very beneficial for long term memory formation and recall. Also it helps to preserve muscle mass due to increased growth hormone. His channel is very popular and most of them are useful info especially about keto and intermittent fasting. Based on his info i bought vitamin b1 and found very useful for cognition and mood. May be i am deficient in it.

Fasting too much shrinks the body and brain due to lack of nutrients like protein etc

If you fast too much your body will eat itself lol It will use muscle proteins as energy, you can get osteoporosis, etc

I mean healthy fasting. Need to slowly increase fasting time. If do sudden it cause problems. Also no need to cut proteins. During eating time we can eat enough protein, fats, carbs etc.

1 Like

I am interested in autophagy. After prolonged fasting body starts to eat damaged cells, proteins etc. Also fasting preserve muscles due to increased growth hormone.

Its found autophagy as new treatment for degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s.

Here is a fascinating video by Dr Berg. This video made me to try long fasting to see if it can improve negative and cognitive symptoms.

It also eats healthy cells lol

See this video.

Old or not it shows he’s not to be trusted.

1 Like

Yes should not believe everything this is applicable to all even medical doctors. We should check with other resources to make sure its true or not. I only pick some. For example I not go with keto eliminating as much carbs instead only with intermittent fasting strategy with enough carbs, protein and fats.

@pr21 Your not a doctor and others have tread that line on supplements. I’m not sure this crosses the line but you cannot diagnose nor spread supplement theories that aren’t proven. There’s lots of rubbish on the internet so if someone flags this with more knowledge than me don’t be surprised. Our community is vulnerable and even if you think your helping your not.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.