Can you lose weight on antipsychotics?

But I locked that away in a closet in the back of my mind. But if it helps you, or anyone else, I’m glad I drudged it up…

Oh, I dropped weight immediately I can still here them laughing and I’m 38

Well you recovered before it was too late to do anything serious to you that’s good at least.

I was told I had too much muscle to continue ballet, when I lived with my grandparents. So, I’ve been through all kinds of ■■■■.

So sorry to hear that. You seem to have developed a strong character though

Or maybe u always have been

I’m a survivor and didn’t deserve my deck of cards but want to help others

1 Like

Your words have helped me so I thank you

1 Like

Just take care of yourself no ty needed

1 Like

OK lol I’m off to bed gnite enjoy the rest of your day :slight_smile:

You remind me of the way personal trainers are

yes, i have lost weight by cutting down portion sizes and eating less meat and more veg, i am also trying to stay as active as i can :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nah, I know way more about life outside the gym. Personal trainers don’t carry around crap like my ex buying me lots of alcohol on meds…and to this day…I’d passed out and went to bed and found him and one of my “good” friends “■■■■■■■”. He swore it was a hallucination cuz I’d. Had too much to drink…thank goodness I’m away from him…one of his friends said to me that “my ex would say he loved getting me drunk cuz I was his submissive puppy dog”. Haven’t seen him in over 4 years! Woot!

man that sounds dreadful. That’s good u are his ex and not letting him do that kind of stuff to you…some people would still stick around.

1 Like

14 years whoops lol

1 Like

Sigh, I’m tired of being tired. I hope you slept well. I’m pissed atm at some stuff but not doing anything self destructive. Gold star for me lol

1 Like

I gained over 30kg after being forced on paliperidone. I didn’t eat excessively more food. After quitting psych drugs people have already started commenting that my face looks like I’ve lost weight. I’m hoping a lot of the weight’s going to come right off like it did for someone I know, who lost 40kg after coming off paliperidone :slight_smile:

I don’t know what advice I can give. I tried lots of things to loose weight when I was on psych drugs but the weight kept coming back. Apparently you gain less weight on abilify then paliperidone?

2 Likes

I’ll tell you what worked best for me is only eating carbs on special holidays, but most of the time not eating them at all. And eating lots of dark green leafy vegetables. Most of my plate starts off filled with dark green leafy veggies, leaving little room for anything else. And I make my own salad dressing with no added sugar, not too much oil, and mostly mustard and vinegar. The mustard emulsifies it all together. If I get hungry, I eat a zero carb snack, like a tiny cube of cheese, or a very low carb snack like a few almonds. And that takes away the hunger until my next meal.

1 Like

Yeah, I finally lost 170 lbs of trouble when my ex-roommate moved out. I feel like now that I lost that I can rock a speedo at the beach with a beautiful woman on my arm

3 Likes

Hey so u totally quit meds? How’d it work out for u? I had my last paliperidone injection in October and it’s been so hard losing weight. So far I’ve lost 55 lbs but that’s only eating 800 calories a day and running 10 miles every other day. I purposely switched to latuda bc it has less weight side effects but I haven’t had to take it yet.

1 Like