Can you distinguish yourself from your symptoms?

So who are you? Are you the voices and delusions? Delusions make me change identity and become grandiose etc.

2 Likes

We are not the symptoms, I have heard and I say it too. But if we remove our symptoms, what is left?

1 Like

The real word 15151

I actually panic a lot about who I will be once all of my symptoms are properly taken care of. Much of my personality is my symptoms. I genuinely don’t know what would remain without those.

1 Like

Sza is a part of me. It’s hard to imagine life without it. Alien lived with me for many years.

1 Like

Schizophrenia is a part of me now, it changes you completely

1 Like

I feel like the voices and my negatives are part of my identity, but they’re not all of my identity.

2 Likes

If my voices and delusions go away, I will be empty, blank. I have no personality, no ego, no self. I am my obsessions and delusions. They give me a new identity and purpose and meaning. I know it’s not healthy, but that’s the way it is

I see parts of the old me appear, temporarily, until symptoms hit. Then, it’s hard to think of anything else.I don’t like to be over or under medicated.

1 Like

I dont remember the old me after therapy, meds after 10.5 years. I guess you have to grow with this sickness or you will quickly lose sight of all the good.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.