Can we become psychiatrists?

When you pass the exam i can’t see why you shouldn’t practice as a psychiatrist.

1 Like

I see no reason why you couldn’t become one as long as you’re stable. I wish you luck in your studies! I’m in college about to study psychology, and hopefully it’s something I’ll like since we’re going to get into abnormal psychology.

I tried to become a doctor but had to quit due to my illness. Truthfully, if you really want to become a psychiatrist, go for it as long as you can handle it. I could not. I found that since I disclosed my illness and needed accommodations, I was not seen as someone who could handle being a regular doctor. I had to go through so many hoops to graduate and to enter an internship. I was glad to have been forced out due to my illness. I say this because I’m now teaching and love it. I don’t think I should have continued my path of becoming a doctor, it was my mother’s dream more than mine. The demands of being a doctor are too much for someone like me. Consequently, I was hospitalized about 7 times after quitting the medical field since I was non-compliant. So, my judgment is poor and I was lucky to not have been in a position to have caused harm to a patient as a doctor. I am happy with what I have. Also, getting licensure with an illness in the USA is a royal pain. The licensing board treats you as if you had an addiction and they constantly monitor your every move. Truthfully, I would never encourage someone like myself to become a doctor. I also don’t want a doctor who is impaired either. So, I understand the reasons for the strict guidelines for medical licensure. But, if you are already becoming a psychiatrist and can get a license without problems in your country, then go for it!

1 Like

There is a psychiatrist with schizophrenia who made it in the USA. Her name is Dr. Beth Baxter and she is at Vanderbilt Medical School. So, if you want someone to contact and ask questions about how she does it, I would ask her because she is practicing and doing well.

2 Likes

I wanted to be a psychiatrist or doctor, but i decided to do a trade/electrician stuff. Its easier. I couldnt have been a doctor anyways because im low functioning and dont like people much. Im not really that intelligent and im poor. I think usa is pretty accommodating and covid makes it easier like stanford got rid of mcat for 1 year for example.

Part of my delusions is i was a doctor in a past life/parallel universe or at least tried to be one. I get dreams about it. Im a huge mess and got stories and embarassed myself.

I was mainly in it for the money. I want to help people but had too many negative experiences in life.

Why push myself? I think i ended up as a physicist and engineer in a couple of my lives. Everyone thinks im delusional. I got into the best schools in my past lives. I have a lot of tragedy. I rather avoid bringing it up.

I just wanna get cured/recover and live a long, private life. I get psychic downloads. Im a Christian, but probably was a high ranking illuminati member in a past life. At least my delusions feed that belief.

Like i had thoughts i ran the illuminati but i dont. Its a lie. People say its not real, but i converse and met aliens which may or may not be real.

See im conservative and evangelical, but im semi immortal. I got delusions of immortality.

1 Like

I’ve got similar delusions. I also wanted to be a psychiatrist or doctor. I also have delusions that I graduated from Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Stanford. But in real life, I can’t get a job and am dirt poor.

1 Like

Also my Dad, may he Rest In Peace, suffered from delusions. He believed he owned a paper company, a restaurant, was an electrical engineer, and that he provided for his family in past lives. But in real life he only worked a total of 7 years, sporadically, his entire 67 years. The longest he held a job was 1 1/2 years.

1 Like

And he abandoned us when I turned 15.

Ya, same here, weird. I plan on getting back into the work force and skipping school – maybe take classes online.

I’m poor, disabled, slow (dumb), and probably could get a min. wage job if I tried. I plan on getting help through the DOR.

1 Like

I believe that we can not become psychiatrists.

I feel for you and your father! In this life, I have achieved nothing. Most lives are like that. This is the longest I’ve lived age wise continuously for aeons. I sometimes think I’m an alien/computer simulator, but I’m not.

I think my delusions come from past lives in parallel universes where I was actually there lol. But I reincarnated for eternity and this is just one life out of many. I’m trapped in a causal loop/time loop, I guess.

I’m the only schizophrenic in my family. It’s sad. I believe I achieved and created a lot of things, but there’s no skill set, I’m dumb (low intelligence), and no proof. Like I have concerns I created Bitcoin, a time machine, and wrote tons of books/artworks and songs similar to Donald Marshall – Illuminati Whistleblower.

It’s not real though and I rather not entertain these delusions anymore!!!

I can’t even code and I think I read some bitcoin wikipedia pages, articles and then dreamt I created it in a distant past life and this is a computer program and I escaped it/got abducted and ‘reset’ trillions of times going to alternative universes and planets.

But I think we should stick on topic lol.

1 Like

Why do you want to be a psychiatrist?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.