Can’t remember what I’ve read

Does anyone else have problems remembering what they have read. Maybe even watched.

I remember the basics but I forget so much.

Could it be be the medication ? I’m on paliperidone and sertraline.

5 Likes

Yes it happens more often than not. I tend to forget details. I only remember the main idea.

But it’s not always an issue. Often times, details are only added for the sake of style and richness and can be safely ignored. They are used to help the reader immerse themselves in the virtual setting.

1 Like

I have the same issue, reason I don’t take any courses, I tried a math course, could complete the chapters and pass, on to the next chapter and the first chapter would be gone, could not remember any of it, so had to give up

1 Like

Ever since I increased my medication to like the max dose a couple of years ago, my memory and processing has way downhill. It probably is the medication.

2 Likes

Memory proble ms goes hand in hand with sz and sza. My pdoc says it is a given and you can fight it by using the same memory tricks as everyone else. We’ ll always have it a bit tougher, though.

1 Like

I can’t remember what I’ve read either.

1 Like

I can remember for a little bit especially while reading the book. But ask me what I read a couple months ago or years, I can’t remember jack ■■■■.

1 Like

I just saw Avengers End Game two nights ago, and it’s really foggy. Don’t worry- it’s not just you.

1 Like

I can’t read more than a few sentences at a time. I’m also losing my ability to spell which I was very good at previously. I sometimes lose direction when driving or forget where I’m going. My pdoc says it is common to have symptoms of brain damage in sz/sza especially when the onset is a bit older like in 30s or more.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.