Can someone tell me what the point of trying is?

I feel like its all in vain.

Whats the point ?

Its just about whos richer and who has a higher status.

I dont understand the system !!

4 Likes

If you dare to fail you can achieve greatly

Or something like that, dont remember full quote.

8 Likes

giphy

7 Likes

It’s not about status, it’s about having fun and enjoying a better quality of life. Not just in a material sense, either.

3 Likes

You keep going because life is pointless a lot of the time–but a lot of the time it isn’t…….

It’s impossible to live Life without bad times, but it’s those great moments when things calm down and you’re out in nature, or you eat a great meal or watch a great TV program or a pretty girl smiles at you, or you play with your dog or learn something valuable; it’s these moments that make sense and you enjoy the reprieve from schizophrenia.

I feel like giving up often but despite my best efforts to throw in the towel and say, “Screw this, I give up”, Life always has a way of surprising me and I get that glimpse into humanity and realize, "Hey, Life is manageable, it’s not as hard as I make it, "and I just keep going.

I don’t know if I’m just too stupid to give up or what the deal is. But I was up at the crack of dawn this morning and had some bacon and and an omelot and puttered around the house and then hit Home Depot because I thought it opened at 6:00 am. It took me a moment to realize when I got there that the parking lot should have had a few cars in it and then when I discovered it actually didn’t open until seven, so I cracked open a coke and took a short nap!

Went in and got my converter plug for 96 cents and just walked around a little checking out the cool stuff they sell. Anyways, life gets mundane but the little stuff happens to me enough that makes most days bearable. I went through the severe symptoms for years, now it’s time to reap what I sowed and enjoy Life sometimes and savor some hard-earned piece of mind.

5 Likes

I love your posts. They are heartfelt and real. Thanks, so much, for bringing me out of a funk. I NEEDED THAT! :hugs:

3 Likes

i think we all need a reason to live, maybe some of us need to find one idk

personally i dont live for myself, i feel i have a greater purpose in this life and that is to serve God, i am but a humble servant :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s the small things but life is a mystery as well as all the horrible stuff in it so maybe it’s best not to waste time trying to figure everything out. Perhaps focusing on something that has meaning for you and you alone can clarify the point of trying. Having something to look forward to can also help put things in perspective. And try not to beat the tall man by standing on your toes.

:innocent:

3 Likes

Tacos maybe? Definitely some kind of food. Or maybe to laugh, to enjoy. Maybe it’s family, spending time when you can. Perhaps a cold drink on a beach, or a skydive. An experience. Even just a single second moment of awareness that makes you smile.

Depends on what you decide on. There are infinite reasons. All you need to do is pick one you think is worth it.

But then again my reason for living has been deemed delusional. So whatever,

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::llama:

1 Like

If your only goal in life is to accumulate more wealth than anyone else, you’re fighting a losing battle! There are always people with deeper inferiority complexes out there who will make more money with less effort, because that’s all that matters to them, and they are Just. Never. Satisfied.

It’s hard-wired into their brains that money = esteem, and they continually hunger for wealth, usually foregoing genuine family / friend interaction for purely business reasons, and sometimes replacing those interactions with money, like with trying to “buy” friendship or the love of their family. Sellout mentality!

The finer pleasures in life don’t usually cost a whole lot. They can be obtained with a middle class-amount of wealth. Food, shelter, entertainment, love, and respect, for starters.

As you climb the heirarchy of needs, your time begins to be worth more and more, but ultimately you have to apply your time to the things that matter, to get back what matters. That never changes.

1 Like

I’m not saying you shouldn’t earn a lot of wealth, but you should reframe the struggle. More along the lines of “How can I add more value to people’s lives?” rather than “How do I make a ton of money?” And when you get “there” and finally find business traction and success, try not to keep up with the Joneses. That’s a pointless game.

Ideally you should find your meaning and esteem in the value you add to people’s lives, not in how much flash and flex you have. That seems wrong-hearted.

1 Like

You’re just not allowed to imply that the point of life is serving god,

Its against the rules and you know it.

@anon39015889,

I think the meaning of life is personal,

You have to find your own and go with it.

You’re young and will find meaning soon.

It took a while for me too.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.