Can someone post some Edgar Allen Poe quotes?

I would love to read some Edgar Allen Poe.

1 Like

Here’s some…

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.

We loved with a love that was more than love.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Quoth the raven, “Nevermore!”

And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor Shall be lifted — nevermore!

The death of a beautiful woman is, unquestionably, the most poetical topic in the world.

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December; And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.

2 Likes

“I hate it when people attribute things to me that I never said” - Edgar Allen Poe

1 Like

“Many quotes on the Internet are falsely attributed to the wrong people”

• Edgar Allen Poe

:wink:

2 Likes

The Fall of the House of Usher is one of my favorites!

I know not how it was—but, with the first glimpse of the building, a sense of insufferable gloom pervaded my spirit.

From the story.

1 Like

Read the Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym

If you love Poe, please read that one. It’s a short novel he wrote that we read in college. It’s longer than his other works and very macabre.

1 Like

I think he famously once said, “As you get older don’t sweat the petty things and don’t pet the sweaty things.”

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.