Can Social Security Disability use video games against me?

I’m on disability and I’ve been buying video games since I was a kid. I have about 600 video games. My step aunt took a photo and I’m worried she’s going to try and sabotage my disability. I think she’s trying to build a case against me. She’s also using my grandmother that I live with against me. My grandmother told her about all the games I have. I have two 8 foot tall x 4 foot wide shelves. Either that or she’s going to call social services and say I’m stealing money. I’ve already had social services called on me once and a worker showed up. I’m in charge of all my grandmothers finances.

My step aunt is in a battle with my family over my step grandmothers estate. My family has an iron clad will and now my step aunt is coming after me.

Any advice?

Its your money, you can buy video games and disabled ppl can and do play video games since they can’t work or fill their time. No need to worry.

4 Likes

Thanks I hope you’re right. I’m going to call my lawyer tomorrow just to make sure. I’m really on edge about it.

1 Like

I seriously doubt it I buy games and I’m on disability they never ask me anything

Playing video games shouldn’t have no impact on disability claims especially for mental illness.

Thanks for the reply’s. My step aunt is trying to get me out of the picture. She’s trying to turn my (grandma) step grandma against me. She was married to my grandfather before I was born. She was married to him for 30 years. It was his wish my mom and aunt get this house. But my grandma’s niece is coming at me. I think she’s trying to pin a fraud case on me. My paranoia isn’t helping the situation. For years my grandmother didn’t want anything to do with her family. Now with alzheimers she’s invited them back into our lives.

There’s nothing wrong with buying video games. If she thinks you’re stealing, she’ll have the burden of proof.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.