Can people tell im mentally ill?

I didn’t know you are in a Home. How long have you been in it and how many residents are there. Are you happier there?

I think it’s quite easy to spot a tense face which MI tends to cause.

I was pacing baxk and forth at walmart yesterday and didnt realize it till my gf nudged me …me and @Sharp started a pacing club and your all welcome to join…

3 Likes

I’m living in a Sr Citizen’s apartments. I jokingly called it the Home, after one of Jonathan Winters’ characters - an old lady who kept escaping from the Home, as she called it.

I like it here. There are about 150 to 200 residents. I’ve met some people I like - one or two from my cultural generation. I keep to myself mostly but like having people around. I feel safer here, which is important to me at this time, plus the only responsibity I have is Keeping my apt. cleaned so it can be vacuumed, etc. once a week - almost more than I can handle. Yes, I’m happier here. I just hope the place lasts. A resident detective has counted 350 mailboxes - with only 200 residents - that means a lot of vacancies.

1 Like

I’m so glad for you.

1 Like

I do it all the time man… most people either won’t see you again, will immediately sympathize, or reveal they have their own MI, or over time learn to appreciate you for what they would rather you are MI or not.

maybe u can hide it well… i actually get comments from people… like why am i staring, why am i stiff, etc. and my aunt who is a doctor asked my mom whether i was schizophrenic. so in my case its quite obvious.

1 Like

I always thought people bounced their legs when they are horny. No joke.

I’m worried about that as well. It seems like mentally ill people i’ve seen have something like a droopy face. Now I wonder if my face is like that making me easily identifiable and scaring people. I think some medicine is responsible for that.

Could be most adolescents are horny. Maybe boredom sends the same signals as horny.

This is a great discussion. I hope I don’t give off a schizophrenic vibe ( or whatever that is). I’m going to ask my therapist next week. I never thought about it. I’ve had periods where I knew I acted crazy but that’s when I was hallucinating before I started taking medicine religiously. Ive been pretty good for about 6 years.

Yes. A LOT of people hear the voices some of the time and they MAY know you hear it. I find it better to JUST NEVER DISCUSS IT. These are called ‘thought broadcaster’, they choose to follow orders from voices and stalk specific person to tell you something private like someone is listening to your thoughts. These can be okay pickups if you are interested. Some people get a lot of good ones while others get weirdos. At least worth talking for a bit and see what you think…If he/she can hold down a professional job, does not call you a nutcase and treats everyone okay, this can be a really good relationship choice. These know a lot about the local problems and how to be okay. The ones who are biting - calling people names or throwing a fit if annoyed - are better off avoided unless you want a big baby. These kind of people are ‘conditional’ and they will dump you if there is any pressure to do so. Need to be able to support yourself and/or stay good with family/friends.

This is considered delusional as mental care cannot discuss any of these ‘social problems’. There is no point to trying to talk about it, will just frustrate you. Get angry with mental care, get locked up and you have to pay for the bill plus probably lost job and maybe homeless.