Can one love by having SZ?

• Yes
  • May be
  • Never

0 voters

My first doc said as per rule marriage is null if you dont reveal sz to your partner.

Is it something you guys can relate?

I put yes because im not saying divulge everything on the first date but i believe that our sz dx needs management throughout our lifetimes, so our partners are best knowing

3 Likes

I always want the best love money can buy.

1 Like

I didn’t tell my wife that I have schizophrenia before we got married. I just said that I am not perfect.

However, I wife was born to a poor family and she has three siblings.

I was born to a middle class family and I just have a little adopted sister.

A Long story in short, after I told her that I have schizophrenia, she gradually accepted me.

But, she is a priority in my family budgets.

She is also the leader in my family.

4 Likes

Is that a real legal issue. If you don’t tell someone you have schizophrenia the marriage can legally be void?

I have love for myself and others with my mental illness.

1 Like

Actually, If my wife sue and ask for a divorce, she should definitely win.

But she don’t do that.

We have a teenager son and my son connects my wife with I.

For now, my son is the core person who make my wife, my son and Iunited as a family.

As for the future, If my son inherits my gene and develop into schizophrenia, I think my family would collapse.

1 Like

I just have a lower family status.

1 Like

I have to do more house works.

1 Like

I dont know how to vote because i dont understand the question

2 Likes

However, as a father, my son always respect me.

1 Like

I told my wife I had SZ several weeks into dating. That was in 1999. We’re still together.

:heart:

4 Likes

Your wife should love you very much.

1 Like

You have a good wife.

1 Like

Of course you can.

You get to a certain age everyone has baggage. Ex lovers. Children. Ex relationships. We just have psychotic disorders.

I only got into decent relationships with women when I got diagnosed and on meds. Got married to a gal who had a kid. It was nice being a step father for a while because I won’t have children of my own but you certainly can do it.

1 Like

Your family are united by love and you are fortunate.

There is a little love between my wife and I.

Actually, my marriage is semi-arranged.

1 Like

I got married once and now divorced. You have a kid so concentrate on that. I realise the cultural differences but you dont stay in some relatioships even if it’s not your choice.

1 Like

Thank you for your wise words. My wife is a traditional Chinese woman and she has two bachelor’s degree in automation and/or management. She was born in rural area.

1 Like

Be a good father and a good ex. That is all you can do. If something comes up in the meantime dont’ be shy about exploring it.

1 Like

Also, there are some stories about my wife and I, but I don’t know how to translated those stories into English.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind and wise words again.

1 Like