Can normies experience things and not be mentally ill

I was talking today about how normal people can have reasonable paranoia but it’s different from paranoid schizophrenia, people can believe in conspiracy theory but not be delusional and people can have hallucinations but not a psychotic illness, I know they’re different but I find it interesting that it occurs

2 Likes

I believe normal people can get paranoid. Not to the extent of a schizophrenic. But some people have to check behind the shower curtain to make sure nobody is there. Or droving they may think that someone is going to hit them. They dont think people can read their minds though. Thats what i thought last night. That my parents were reading my mind

1 Like

This video is very informative. That could mean i never had sz, but been terribly traumatised (ptsd). Personally it doesn’t matter to me anymore as my life is ruined. I couldn’t have a family, no career, my struggles to have an own business failed. Just because of false beliefs and stigma.

2 Likes

I know people have that belief I had it to but it doesn’t mean that we have schizophrenia

1 Like

Ive mentioned it before. Every one gets paranoid. Its a defence mechanism when our own intuition smells something is wrong. The trouble with schizophrenia is that we take it too far - and paranoia can be “supported” by what current delusion we have or our distorted thinking.

3 Likes

Im not a fan of distorted thinking. I kept thinking an ambulance was coming for me last night

2 Likes

@pasteyface Ha, ive had that thought many times. Then i have to remember i never actually called anyone.

I always have a sneaking suspicion im gonna get lifted by the old bill lol.

1 Like

Anxiety can cause paranoia to a certain extent.
I know that OCD can do the same

1 Like

Anxiety causes my paranoia. My paranoia starts as a panic attack then escalates to paranoia.

2 Likes

Like last night. I started worrying my dad was in a car crash. It made me paranoid.

2 Likes

Well… not sure, but I know normies can experience with things and not be mentally ill

1 Like

Normies usually get our symptoms from using drugs, drug abuse. Normies also get paranoid when something happened in the past or have specific phobias. Common delusions happen only in well written theoretic posts. Hallucination in normies csn hapoen from sleep deprivation

1 Like

My dad heard things and voices as he drifted asleep. But then he’s a very nutty man.

1 Like

Yes. There is a thing called pathological jealousy.

It’s basically a delusion in which a spouse suspects infidelity.

1 Like

A lot of normies are extremely paranoid and lie about people a lot.

1 Like

I’m sure everyone has experienced something weird like in SZ. The problem with SZ is that weird thing never ends.

2 Likes

What does “get lifted by the old bill” mean? @Naarai

2 Likes

My audio hallucinations probably fall within the realm of normal. But my visual, olfactory and gustatory hallucinations are not.

1 Like

@SkinnyMe Sorry its British Slang lol. It means getting arrested by the police :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.