Can keto stop hunger?

I’ve been on keto for a week now and find I’m not hungry a lot… Does anyone have any idea why? My mind is blown by how I’m not always hungry

1 Like

I just had a keto meal too… Not feeling hungry either…

Hope it lasts.

I think sugar spikes lead to sugar lows and they trigger a hunger response. Gotta research that tb sure tho

1 Like

I don’t know if this counts, but last fall when i was delusional and thought i was a genetically modified organism who would die if i ate more than 300 calories a day, my body went into ketoacidosis and i was never hungry at all. Unfortunately, a lot of my other labs were skewed cuz of that, too, like my BUN levels, sodium, anion gap…but that was all extreme. That wasn’t a healthy keto diet, just a delusion, but i was never hungry at all.

2 Likes

I would fast a day or 2 at a time when I was delusional. Then have one meal and start over. I was often not hungry after awhile on it. Think I adjusted to it. Lost a lot of weight. Also not healthy.

3 Likes

It’s the fiber.

I’m easing into keto, and I’m no expert, but it seems to be low calorie, low carbs, low sugar, high protein, high fat, and high fiber.

1 Like

It could also be the higher fat content

1 Like

Stimulants tend to DELAY hunger.

2 Likes

I’m not saying keto is a bad idea but I’d talk to your doctor about it I was going to do it and went too see a dietitian and they said with my heart condition it’s a terrible idea if it works for you great more power to you but for me in so incredibly thankful for that dietitian

1 Like

It made mine soooo much worse as time went on. First week or so not really that hungry, after that it was unending.

1 Like

@fish_the_archer I’ve talked to several Dr and they are okay with it

Thanks everyone for y’all input on

2 Likes

I’ve been keto almost 4 months now. It has helped me lose weight, but please please please don’t go off your meds. I made that mistake and I crashed so hard.

2 Likes

carbs trigger insulin release and insulin increases appetite. fat also satisfies appetite so low carb high fat decreases appetite

2 Likes

when i was on geodon keto reduced my appetite so much that i couldnt eat enough food to properly take the med with food. after a few days eating carbs again appetite would increase. i struggled to eat one slice of peanut butter toast on keto lol it definitely makes a difference

1 Like