Can I live alone once i turn 18?

I’ve lived alone for ten years and I am lonely as can be.

1 Like

With freedom comes responsibility. If they think you’re irresponsible they will keep you sequestered from the world.

1 Like

I have seen court systems rule in favor of the person I’m certain conditions I have two friends that have lost their folks would they were 9 and 12 the courts allowed them to have their own house and manage their own money with the help of a paid conservator there is another case weather child requested for the courts to be free to live alone after taking evaluation test with the mental health system to see if she was Equitable to live that way It’s A Hard Road when you get out on your own my folks were divorced and I was forced to live out of my own at the age of 14 pushing my own limits work food living on the streets was no easy task once I got a clue to how the systems work I’ve managed to survive Crystal you have to make the best with what you have regardless of circumstances please make wise decisions before venturing out

I will try to act normally

2 Likes

The main thing is not to piss people off.

1 Like

Once in the Mental Health System it’s virtually impossible to get out of the System.

You are basically marked for life.

2 Likes

Your best bet is to observe the nurses, doctors and remember how other patients that were released behaved. Emulate that behaviour and don’t threaten people.

If you can show them you can act civil they will eventually release you. There are lots of mentally ill people and limited beds, if they are keeping you there even though there is most likely a waiting list you must not be acting properly.

It won’t happen in a week, it’ll probably take months of good behaviour before they are willing to give you a chance to live on your own or with your mom. When I was first diagnosed I was put in a mental health facility and they kept me there for 5 months before releasing me.

1 Like

I moved on my own straight from 7 month stay at mental hospital. I was 20.

Check out with a social worker what kind of support you can get from Kela. Do you have kuntoutustuki or something similar to that?

Moving on your own is not necessarily very easy but it is a important step. Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think its very sad that authority does this to people with mental issues
It took me years to get released from a psychiatric hospital,
now I have my own place and have been out of hospital for over 5 years
I am taking the meds, keeping my place clean, taking care of myself,
pay checks etc. doing fine. But it is alot of hard work to get rid of them,
they are not as clever they think they are, nor do they understand.
Some people however cannot make it on their own, but many who are not
allowed, should get a chance at least. Good luck Crystal to get your own
place. its much better than living in a place with other people

Start by staying on meds then you can think about living alone.

i will stay on meds ok

1 Like

yes next week 20th of May i will meet up with a social worker about that stuff

1 Like

what i wonder is that you can’t go to school so how would you be able to live by yourself if you can’t even do that?

Seriously?

I tried to call you out on being immature for your age and you told me your mind was only 7-8 years old so not to blame you.

I have an 8 year old.

He can’t live on his own.

You’ve totally shot yourself in the foot on this one and need to just accept your fate.

1 Like

You don’t have a job and you need the help because you refuse to help yourself.

I don’t know the laws in your country. But to live on your own you need to have a job and you need to be treatment compliant

1 Like

Sigh. You clearly dont understand me

my friend lives alone and she doesnt have a job.

Where will you get the money

social services are required to assist people living in foster homes once they turn 18 in Finland.

1 Like

I think we understand you perfectly. You want to be able to claim you aren’t capable when theres a problem you could get in trouble for.

2 Likes