Can I be normal

I am getting weird thoughts and feelings. I get tired within a moment. I am regular with medicine for past 8 months. There is very gradual improvement. I am diagnosed bipolar. I might be Schizo affective as well. Not sure. But need some confirmation that I can be normal. I am talking very less. I am less active. Bored to the core to do anything except sleep. I am taking Atlura (lurasidone) 80 mg every night. I m working as tech consultant. I need to talk to be on job. Its very critical that I talk useful stuff. Atleast minimal what is required. Please guide me what I can do. I don’t have friends. I have wife and mom that’s it. I need to listen and talk well.

1 Like

Hey sri how are u… i would say stay focus on ur job…u have loving wife and mum…u can share some of ur difficulties with ur wife. I do know that Normal people doesnt understand our worries… we have to accept this illness…

1 Like

Thanks my friend. I am doing well. Just anxious a bit. I want to get over it.

1 Like

Hang in there. Maybe you need a med change if the one you’re taking isn’t doing as good as others could. Or maybe you need an antidepressant. Talk to us whenever. We are here for you.

1 Like

Thanks @Hop3. Yeah I also think the same. Its working very slow. I need something like zyprexa or abilify maybe to boost my thinking. Also antidepressants will help me. But pdoc says I might get mania.

1 Like

Even if you are “weird”, you can still do plenty of normal things that everybody else does.

3 Likes

Don’t lose hope but keep your hopes realistic. You have a wife, a mom and a job. That’s a lot of normalcy if you ask me.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.