Can computer games help with loneliness

I think that these can, helps people to focus on games and not feeling loneliness, although being alone. What do you think? The same thing with Internet chatting.

Yeah I love computer games , not so much playing them , just looking at them , animation styles , creativity , all that…

you should try playing some online games and getting involved in the communities they have. it’s a great way to make friends

When I was a stay-at-home mom I got into competitive video games because it gave me an outlet to set and aim for personal goals, have quasi-professional social interactions, make friends, etc. It worked really well for me for a long while.

Playing casually and making friends online can be really nice, too. There are a couple things to keep in mind, though…

1. Not everyone in a gaming community is going to be friendly. You’ll find trolls and bullies just as often as “nice” people, because “nice” people are often too busy playing to go out of their way to talk to people. It’s still pretty easy to do if you can be outgoing and positive, though.

2. This may not apply to everyone, but I have social anxiety and I have difficulty convincing myself to talk to people unless I’m drinking. Often the people I’m playing with will be doing the same thing, particularly on weekends, but I REALLY need to watch it because it’s way too easy for me to overdo it.