Can alogia improve when you quit meds?

I can’t answer that. Might be worth asking dr. It’s good you feel better going down a dose though.

I have my parents and my best friend who are watching me all the time. I feel safer this way. For example, they noticed 3 months ago something that I didn’t: my upper lip was moving strangely. It could have been the beginning of tardive dyskinesia. It was another reason for me to stop taking abilify…

You are funny, but kind

2 Likes

No I wish you luck as I know how it feels :slight_smile:

But i think we arent in the same situation. Do you?

1 Like

Being psychotic and really lost made my alogia way worse… would be too involved in my delusions to be able to follow conversation

@everhopeful quote is “5mg is not a therapeutic dose of Abilify!” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve done this several times under supervision. I’m stable enough that my docs wanted to see if I was one of the 25% who can function without meds. Turns out that I’m not. Hoping that you are – that would be so awesome for you. Good luck.

Thanks for the kind words but which med are you on and how much? Im on kind a nothing

1 Like

Used to be on 2mg/day of Rexulti. Currently on 4mg/day as I’m having more trouble than usual from keeping the nasties in the corner of my head where they belong. My day job is more stressful than I had bargained on. Hoping to eventually get down to 2mg. That, and trying to figure out how to find blackmail goods on my cardiologist so I can go back on Geodon. That jerk.

What did you cardiologist do?

1 Like

He had me taken off Geodon as a preventative measure. I’m on pacemaker number four and I have a congenital heart defect: transposition of the great vessels with complications. Also, a complete heart block and heart murmur. Geodon was my miracle med – I could go for extended periods with ZERO positive symptoms and feel normal. The curse of being too stable is that I now get to bump along on a sh–ty med.

I dont understand it. But what did he do wrong then?

1 Like

bet some people without a mental heath diagnosis do have alogia to some extend

Yes but are they psychotic? Im not

1 Like

they are not psychotic,i think I am not also

Do you take meds?

1 Like

no(15 character)

Really and how are your negative symptoms?

1 Like

still okay,been through that phrases already,meaning I am not using negative symptoms as a excuse.