Can alogia improve when you quit meds?

With consent of my pdoc we are going to stop with meds. Now i think if i go excercising you make dopamine in your whole brain and it wont be blocked by meds thus inprovement of negative symptoms? Or is this crap?

2 Likes

IMO it’s crap to go off meds. I’m doing a lot better staying on meds. But this is just my opinion. Please take your meds :pill:

Im doing it with consent of my shrink

1 Like

Ok, you will see later that you need :pill:

Maybe … but what about positive symptoms ?

Lol not every sz has to take meds im now on 2.5 mg abilify.

1 Like

At the moment i dont have any

1 Like

Yes but you want to come off meds to improve negative symptoms. You take meds for positive symptoms. So you come off med might improve negative symptom but what will happen to your positive symptoms?

If you prefer to have positive symptoms than negative. I wish you well.

Im on 2.5 mg abilify now. Does that do anything against positive symptoms?

1 Like

I have no idea. When did you go down to that dose ?

5 weeks ago i think

1 Like

Too soon to know as depending on what dose you were on before. Takes weeks for larger doses to leave system.

It’s your choice though … just giving my honest opinion.

I was on 5 mg for 7 years. Thought it wasn’t necessary and now I’m feeling a bit silly.

Have not had psychosis but moods are erratic

I was before on 5mg

1 Like

Yes see my point it took me 5 months to go downhill.

But you dont have psychosis. I only had psychosis not erratic moods

1 Like

My point is it would have been helping somehow? But I wish you well with your decision.

@patient, if your doctor agrees, you can have a trial off meds. Just make sure you are never alone, and people whom you trust can watch your behavior, to help you quickly if you go psychotic again.

1 Like

Dont you think that 2.5 mg is too low to do anything?

1 Like

Yeah approval from @Andrey

2 Likes