Cameras monitoring all public streets. Good or bad idea?

There was a story in the news in my city about a man who was breaking into women’s homes and sexually assaulting them…if all public streets were monitored by cameras that probably would have never happened or the attacker wouldn’t have had more than one victim.

So, would cameras monitoring all public streets in America be a good or bad idea iyo

It would expensive to implicate.

I think some areas need to be monitored. It might be a good way to fight crime. Also, it might help keep the police in line. I wish there had been a camera around when the police ground my face into the dirt after I had been pepper sprayed. I become reluctant when we start to monitor private areas.

Well…reports from England shows that crime doesnt diminish (or just drop in %) in places with cctv. So survialliance or not, crime is here to stay.

Edit: Then theres the whole proscecution question. But that’s just getting things ass-backwards anyways. A murderer will murder etc.

That’s against the laws. here in Europa anyways

Lol as logic tells one, if ALL (ALL) public streets were monitored by cameras knowing where a criminal flees to would help in apprehension and thereby prevention of further attacks from said criminal.

no…

15151515515151515511511 INVALID

Wonderful idea in theory.

But will probably also be used for horrible things as well.

you mean “horrible” right? :stuck_out_tongue:

If used in a good way it would be great.

But that probably won’t happen.

propably not

That all depends on what type of person you are. Really, I feel less isolated thinking someone is always watching me for real or just delusionally thinking. That’s probably why we SZ’s are delusional in that respect to begin with.

…“Where there is a will there is a way”