Came away from a phone call to the out of hours team feeling like I was wasting their time

The background is my mum dropped off some food for me. Along with some cash for me to take a taxi on Monday. But for some reason she folded up the money all sly like and slipped it into my hand covert style.

This totally freaked me out because I though government agents watching me are gonna think I am a drug dealer or something.

I know this sounds ridiculous but I am freaking the ■■■■ out about that money exchange.

I phoned the weekend team and all they seem to askwas if I was suicidal. She then said only meds will help you and that she can’t give them to me.

Just really got the impression that she thought I was a drug seeker and was wasting their time.

Man I feel so ■■■■■■■ desperate

2 Likes

They should just be honest when they pick up the phone and only ask are you suicidal because that’s all they care about

1 Like

If I was living like that I’d definitely at least consider Clozapine again. I think you have to discuss some kind of med adjustments with your doctor whenever you see them next.

2 Likes

Am seeing my pdoc on Monday. Am just in crisis right now and need to get through this weekend

3 Likes

Nobody thinks you’re a dealer , trust me. It’s just paranoia. Is there anything you can do to take your mind off things ?

Do you have spotify? That works for me sometimes.

6 Likes

I just spoke with breathing space - a Scottish helpline for people with mental illness. The adviser was really, really good.

Will put some music on now.

Thanks so much @everhopeful you are a proper pal

4 Likes

Try to reason it out if you can. I suggest breathing and listening to your breaths and counting them for a few minutes. I don’t want to tell you that you’re paranoid, I want you to just try to relax, and stop worrying. If your government is anything like the U.S. they don’t care about individual data they care about meta data and using it for research and development. No one is going to hurt you.

1 Like

Hey man, sorry you’re in crisis. Look at it this way. Even if you were a drug dealer, and the government actually saw you exchange money with someone, exchanging money is not enough for a warrant. They need a warrant to search your flat, or to make any arrests. They can’t get that without a judge to sign off on it. And absolutely no judge anywhere is going to sign a warrant based on their mother handing them money, no matter how it’s folded. And besides, the government wasn’t watching you and didn’t see the exchange. But even if they did, they wouldn’t care at all. People hand money to their children all the time. Folded up and from hand to hand is the safest and most common way to give someone cash. I bet hundreds of people hand each other money that way every day in your city alone, and none of them get arrested for it.

1 Like

Will it make you feel better if Mr. Star and I step out onto the street and pass each other some money this way? Because I will 100% do that for you if it helps calm you down.

1 Like

Oh sorry I just noticed this is a week old. Want me to close it for you?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.