Californians and Texans urged to conserve energy as temperatures soar

2 Likes

This is gonna be a huge problem in the near future

Power transmission and the Rankine cycle itself is not nearly as efficient as at high temperatures, so were going to need to scale up power for summers

I expect brownouts in summers in the future unless someone comes up with an idea to improve the grid transmission and the conditions for Rankine or Brayton cycle steam generation.

Maybe we could put power plants underground to make it cooler but that doesnt solve transmission and also expensive as hell. Its gonna be rough

1 Like

Eventually all of these Climate Refugees will come pouring into Canada…possibly over the next 20-30 years I’m guessing.

1 Like

I’ve got everything turned off except my refrigerator. Oh and the laptop is charging.

1 Like

We have power inverters installed in both of our vehicles. We can idle them and run lines into our home in an emergency. If it’s dangerously hot and there are brownouts, we can run the aircon off of our vehicles.

1 Like

I bet they are going to need a lot of forage in these hot spots. Where I live in eastern Oklahoma there are these huge meadows that could produce a LOT of hay. If someone could get about five hay trucks and haul hay to where it is needed they might make a bunch of money. I wish I could do that, but no one is going to loan me money to buy hay trucks. Somebody could make a killing, though.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.